How do I save my booty

Options
Ok its all lovely loosing weight and I am loving most of the changes and have managed to get over my sagging boobs but seriously my butt is now representing a squashed apple.

I am 5,2 and currently weight 162lbs, i have another 10lbs to loose as a short goal so I know there is still more change to come but I need advice on what workouts will help save the shape. I workout at home using Insanity, BGWT and a few other dvd's, I have kettle bells and 5 pound dumbells.

I am squatting for dear life and I see great definition in my legs, more toned even the cellulite is going a little but the booty...

Help pleaseeee

Replies

• ShannynMarion
    ShannynMarion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear the suggestions for this too. My butt is not as wide as it used to be thankfully but it's not near as...lifted, as I thought it would be at this point.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts, glute bridges, hip thrusts, lungeslungeslunges (all the lunges). Go heavy if you can and if you can't progress through more difficult body weight variations.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Personally speaking, deadlifts and squats have been very helpful. I see a lot of others suggesting lunges and glute bridges as well.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Add weights to your squats (heavy weights- I have finally worked up to 100lbs for 3 sets of 5!)

Deadlifts (with proper form)
    Lunges
    Glute bridges

Edited to add: I am also 5'2"
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts, glute bridges, hip thrusts, lungeslungeslunges (all the lunges). Go heavy if you can and if you can't progress through more difficult body weight variations.

These. Extra emphasis on the hip thrust and lunge.
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Glute Bridges have changed my life. My booty was never sore after lunges, deadlifts, squats but YIKES! Those glute bridges (did them with a 60lb. barbell) killed me!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options

These. Extra emphasis on the hip thrust and lunge.

I can assure you, these ladies know their booties.
  • StarburstCA
    Options
    Working out your butt is only going to make it more round and perky from what I have seen and experienced. I have been taking notes on Jen Shelters routine and find her inspirational despite a lot of the bad press she has. I want to know how to save my breasts tho! I have seen lots of fitness enthusiasts with breast implants and I can see why... in losing 12 lbs I lost a whole cup size in my bras :(
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Working out your butt is only going to make it more round and perky from what I have seen and experienced. I have been taking notes on Jen Shelters routine and find her inspirational despite a lot of the bad press she has. I want to know how to save my breasts tho! I have seen lots of fitness enthusiasts with breast implants and I can see why... in losing 12 lbs I lost a whole cup size in my bras :(

Chest press (heavy), push ups, chest flys
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    There are some great exercises here:

http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-make-your-butt-bigger.htm
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options

Because our breasts are made up of majority fat, cup size is bound to get smaller, maybe by a little, maybe by a lot. But in order to have them remain somewhat "perky" chest flies, push ups, flat, incline, and decline presses all help.
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow so much great advice!

Ok I need to sit down and work this all out because i must save this butt!

Thanks guys
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    barbell squats.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube and search for butt building workouts . . . I'm sure you'll find something!