113 lbs lost in 18 months - Thank you Mean People!

Options
GiveMeCoffee
GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
I still have some weight to lose, and other goals to meet so I can make new goals. But today I finally felt like I was a success!

113 lbs lost in 18 months, my health has improved more than I ever thought was possible. I started with 14 prescriptions daily, I know take 5. The month before I started I couldn't complete 1 minute of a 6 minute walk for a pulmonary function test, I can now run 6 miles. Now running isn't my favorite thing to do, but I found I absolutely love biking and my longest ride so far is 58 miles. I also found a love for lifting, it's given me confidence and proven to me I am strong mentally and physically.

And I've done this with still being able to eat my ice cream that I love, baking one of my favorite things to do, and just enjoying life because life is too short.

Here's where I started this picture was taken the day after I was released from the hospital after my 4th week long stay of the year, this time it was where I spent Christmas, but it's also where I decided I am important and I am worth fighting for.. I knew what I wanted to do but didn't know how to do it...

2nav4w3.jpg

I wrote this blog the other day and felt it was a good way to sum up my success...

While reading yet another mean people thread today, yes I know another one a friend made a response about there's always another mean people threading popping up but very few thank you threads ever created and she's right.
I've sent a few messages to some of the people that without knowing it helped me, I haven't personally thanked everyone, but I do owe so many thank yous and figured I should do that here.

I was a lurker on the forums, watching and reading what people that had lost the weight I was hoping to lose, had changed their lives were doing. When I started I had no clue, I thought I did hell I've dieted all my life, but no I really had no idea what I was doing. So I watched and okay maybe even stalked a few (they don't know so it's okay) to learn. I wanted to accomplish what they had.

Eat all the foods you enjoy just smaller amounts - Moderation (took time and trial and error but I did learn this)
Get a food scale to learn portions - One of the best investments I ever made - My tablespoon of peanut butter was 2 to 3 servings easy before.

Start strength training - Taught me I am stronger than I ever thought

Find something you enjoy doing and repeat - Biking my favorite thing to do now can't believe this some days. But this morning when I was feeling stressed all I wanted to do was go for a long bike ride which I did and it felt wonderful.
Really could it be that simple?

I learned from so many people on MFP, most of you will never know how much I owe to you, some people have deactivated by now and I can never thank them, others and this is a huge shame have been banned from the forums because they didn't hold any punches and gave real advice not some sugar coated crap.

But to all of you that day in and day out offer your time, help and assistance to people you don't even know I want to thank you. So whenever you think you are wasting your time posting because the OP probably won't take the advice anyway, remember there is always someone lurking that will.

As most of blog posts I have too many thoughts running through my head, and I am not a writer but if you get nothing else from this... before reading a response in the forums and immediately think someone is being mean to you, stop and just listen to what's being said as the person is really just trying to help and Thank them!

j6nd5l.jpg

So I would like to thank each of you that take the time to help because without you I don't know what would have happened. Oh and picture taking is worse than my writing but you get the idea.

Edited because I forgot to add this wonderful picture of dessert last night... you can lose weight eating delicious food!
2sbws3d.jpg

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I couldn't decide on just one...
    giphy.gif
    52377-Jennifer-Lawrence-I-love-you-g-5FtM.gif
    giphy.gif
    1384021206_10-Awesomely-Bad-Movies-Y.gif
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You're just an inspiration and it's been a pleasure to watch you and read your Diary!!
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing work well done!!

thats-good.gif
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are fantastic! Such a motivating story. Congrats on learning and achieving
    !:flowerforyou:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    I couldn't decide on just one...
    giphy.gif
    52377-Jennifer-Lawrence-I-love-you-g-5FtM.gif
    giphy.gif
    1384021206_10-Awesomely-Bad-Movies-Y.gif

hugs_007.gif
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    You're just an inspiration and it's been a pleasure to watch you and read your Diary!!

D thanks for being someone I can vent too, shake our heads at some of the craziness together and I still want a blueberry cupcake dammit!
  • sinker59
    sinker59 Posts: 130
    Options
    Wow, great job by you!
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your wonderful accomplishment. Hard work and dedication sure does pay off.
  • tjmahoney
    tjmahoney Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I rarely get to read blogs since I'm on my iPhone most of the time, not a computer...but not today. This was an incredibly insightful post; to take the best out of what is delivered in a less than ideal way. Well, that's the nice way to say it. More important is what YOU have done and yes, YOU ARE IMPORTANT and what you've done is fantastic! Kudos to you!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I love hearing your story! You are truly an amazing woman. It makes me happy like a room full of puppies! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:

1307077326637509.gif
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You have had a major, wonderful life change!! You are such an inspiration!! Keep up the fabulous work!!! You look fabulous!!!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Now, this is inspirational!! Great work, OP.
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    A terrific outcome so far, you looks years younger. Keep up the good work! You are inspiring.
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good job and you look younger which is ALWAYS an added plus!
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cheers to the Meanies! I am also a major lurker and love to see success stories like this; means all those haters are right and makes me happy I'm following their advice! :drinker:
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you!! You are such an inspiration and you really do look younger! AMAZING!! <3
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great job and thank you so much for posting your story. We all need to see more stories like this and it certainly inspired me this morning. Thank you! Keep up the great work!
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! :drinker:
  • 123losinforme
    123losinforme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous inside and out, thank you for sharing your story. Also, showing that yummy dessert.. it's so much easier living life than restricting it...thank you:bigsmile:
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    amazing job! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!