Favorite workout videos, por favor :)

Options
Trying to make it impossible for me to miss a workout. So even if I say that I don't have enough gas to make it across town for the gym, I still can't sit here and say that I can't workout! :) any and all suggestions are welcomed. But please let me know if what videos you're suggesting require "supplies" aka dumbells, resistance bands, etc. Thanks people!????

Replies

• kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just YouTube Jillian Michaels and do her work outs - several of them do not require anything but your own body weight - she kicks my butt, and I love it.
  • harieta
    harieta Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend Jillian Michaels - 30 Days Shred, Ripped in 30, Killer Abs.
    They are really good, you only need light dumbbells and a mat, they come in 3 levels (or 4), so the routine changes and you don't get bored. And most importantly - they deliver results! :smile:
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is on youtube :) Need dumbbells.

If you're in to yoga there are SO MANY on youtube. I haven't done many so not really able to recommend, but the one or two times I searched there were options galore. hmm maybe try searching pilates or whatever type of workout you want to do on there. Haven't tried that I'm sure you'd get some hits :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

Anyone who makes a recommendation for a generic "workout" without first asking your goals probably doesn't know enough to be giving you advice. IMO. Different workouts for different goals.
  • Quickfeather
    Options
    JessicaSmithTV best workout videos. Quick, simple and free! Her barre workouts are especially good.
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    wow everyone! thank you all so much!!! ????
  • haleighallen
    Options
    For real
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love bellydance fitness with the twins and when I want to half kill myself I do billy blanks taebo....they work different but well
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Anything by FitnessBlender :-)
  • haleighallen
    Options
    Busca "Fitnessblender" en Youtube, ellos son entrenadores personales certificados y en su canal nos estan ofreciendo un monton de videos con excelentes rutinas. Nada mas que mancuernas necesitaras y peso muerto. Good luck with learning Spanish.

Muchísimas gracias! Me has ayudado mucho!! ????
  • HJO1403
    HJO1403 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I like watching Physiques of Greatness on Youtube. Chris Jones is hillarious!
  • haleighallen
    Options
    What are your goals?

Anyone who makes a recommendation for a generic "workout" without first asking your goals probably doesn't know enough to be giving you advice. IMO. Different workouts for different goals.

Well right now my goals are as vague as losing weight/fat mass. I'm in the very beginning of the process and I have a lot to lose (near to 100lbs) so at this point, any little bit of exercise and movement should be beneficial to my health and i'm not going to be all the picky as of yet :) especially if it's to keep my butt moving at home even when I say it's too late/too far away/too much time to go to the gym. My goal is to make zero excuses!
  • haleighallen
    Options
    And does anyone has suggestions that AREN'T on youtube? Don't get me wrong, youtube is FANTASTIC, but i also only just have my cell phone, no Internet or cokputer. And verizon has taken away my unlimited data (those *kitten*!) So watching a lot of videos on my phone is unfortunately out of the picture for me :(
  • haleighallen
    Options
    "Cokputer" lol *queue Peter Griffin laugh*
    I'm not fixing it. Lmfao
  • katehayward2388
    Options
    I personally like doing any of the Richard Simmons dvds, if you like dancing its an easy workout :)
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Try your local library, they often have videos you can borrow for free to see what you like. Also check out garage sales or used on Amazon.

I own way too many workout DVDs but some of my favories are:

Turbo Jam (did this one this am) - weights for one workout but I don't like that one:-(
    Zumba (Exhilarate) - weights for one workout but I don't like that one:-(
    Jessica Smith is wonderful..my favorite is 10 Minute Solutions Boxing
    Old Crunch workout: Salsa and Bootcamp (need handweights), old yoga workouts with Sarah Ivanhoe.
    Ellen Barrett-pilates based...some use light handweights and you feel them in the morning.
    The Firm are great to combine cardio and weights. I like the 500 cal workout and the kettlebell. The old "fanny lifter" workouts were great but I loaned mine to a friend who was getting married and never saw them again...
    Cathe Friedrich does really intense workouts, I love her kickboxing. I know several people who swear by her but she requires more equipement.

Good luck

If you find you like one workout look up the reviews on amazon and see if someone else who likes it and then check what else they like.
  • Rebeccamosley86
    Rebeccamosley86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you like Beachbody products which I love and no I am not a coach just buy the workout videos. I lost 30 lbs with Turbofire and love p90x3 and Chalean Extreme, T25 is good. I am currently doing Combat I am in love with this program.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The two I recommended aren't on youtube far as I know bellydance got on amazon the taebo at walmart
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My love for exercising started with DVDs! Turbo Jam, and then Chalene Extreme... but Les Mills Combat has to be THE BEST! Nothing like punching to let out some aggression and get an awesome workout :D
  • DaveScadlock
    DaveScadlock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try Leslie Sansone's "Walk at Home". Many videos on youtube. Pick an easy one at first. Then as you progress, you can add longer ones. More demanding ones. When I am unable to bike, I do the workout.

D