3 weeks and lost nothing :(

Options
2»

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    ah bum.. i dont have a clue lol didnt think it would be so confusing lol

Reading the Sexypants link that has been posted will help clear up a lot.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely read that link given to you. You have been eating lower than you should and that's not healthy.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Everyone starts off and wants to lose 2 pounds a week, but that's really only appropriate for people with a large amount of weight to lose. If you're a mom of two, and one's a newborn, 1200 calories isn't going to cut it! It's better to go slower at the beginning and find a calorie limit you can stick with for months, that still gives you enough energy to do everything you have to, than to cut your calories down to nothing and exhaust yourself in a few weeks.

Here's a general guide for how to set your goal:

If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? Inches come off before pounds - it's very frustrating, but definitely measure. It's the only way I stayed on track before the pounds really started to shed. I saw inches go before the pounds.

Hang in there!

Also, believe it or not your need to be taking more calories in! You can hurt your progress by taking in too little.
  • jmoemartinez
    Options
    I don't want to reiterate what everyone else has written, but recognize the type of food you are eating and understand the contents. For example, if you are eating a lot of fruit, which is good for you, but has a lot of sugar, so if you are not burning those calories during the day it will get stored as fat.

Depending how many times you are doing Zumba will also matter in losing weight. Since you are working and gaining muscle it could contribute to what we usually see as static weight. You could be gaining muscle, which weighs more then fat and therefore, you will not lose mush weight, especially if you are eating a lot of protein in your diet.

It is good to measure your fat percentage to see if that is what is causing the static weight. Many factors could play a role in you not losing weight, but these are just some ideas you could think about as you are going through your journey. Good Luck and stay positive.
  • frostyswife
    frostyswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    well after weighing yday and moaning in this post i weighed again this morning i dont no what made me do it only to find id lost 5 3/4 lbs! big shock but happy :) defo gona take ur help in mind thou :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    well after weighing yday and moaning in this post i weighed again this morning i dont no what made me do it only to find id lost 5 3/4 lbs!
    Weight loss is not linear. Sometimes you do everything right and maintain—or even gain. Others you lose a whole lot all at once. (That's called a "whoosh.")

All that matters is a downward trend. Take photos & measurements, too.

And congratulations on your loss! Keep up the great work.
  • klinger6395
    klinger6395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Eating too little
  • klinger6395
    klinger6395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Slowed metab now lol