Barely eating but gaining weight??? So frustrating

Options
13»

Replies

• SteveyBrule
    SteveyBrule Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add - based on one of your prior posts about gaining weight in one day - you may some body dysmorphia issues. You want to speak to a physician and a psychiatrist.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Being that I trained young females in sports like volleyball and basketball and having my daughter in competitive dance, I've seen my fair share of young females sharing information on dieting and how a female "should" look. And 99% of the time it's bad information.
    It's also not uncommon for young females today to buy clothes much smaller than they really are to meet some certain criteria of acceptance amongst their peers then find out that a little water retention makes these clothes feel much much tighter and distorting their image that they must be eating too much because of it.
    Don't let this become an issue because it will follow you the rest of your life. I would implore you to seek a professional and have a sit down. Something you may not want to hear, but being a professional in the fitness industry I've seen my fair share of people who have been affected by eating disorders and body dysmorphia issues. Don't put it on the back burner.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    So, it's like, did you ever use a wood stove? You put four logs in there and they take up the whole stove. Then they start burning and those logs get smaller and smaller and smaller until they are just coals and ashes, and you clean it out. This is like food in your tummy. You put food in there and it takes up space, but then your body burns it and uses that fuel and the rest is eliminated when you go to the bathroom.

To keep your body fueled properly, you need to put that food in there, even though it temporarily takes up space.

That is a simplistic explanation of a complicated process, but you need to know that it is entirely NORMAL. You should get professional help so that you can learn to be okay with your body and its processes.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Wow, some impressive editing was done on this thread, even quoted material. Great job, Mr. or Ms. Moderator!! :laugh: