hello - looking to meet others in this journey

Options
Hi - I've had MFP app for a couple years now but never really had the accountability of logging in every day. I am ready to get serious about this and have started to calorie count (about 1300-1500 a day). I've always been good at exercising, but drinking wine every day was keeping me from losing weight. Now that I'm serious, I've cut out alcohol completely have finally started to see a little weight loss. I have ~5-7 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and was looking to lose another 10-15 pounds in addition to that. I'm in my early 30's. I was hoping to meet some friends here to help me along the way. I'd love to hear from others and any advice you could give as encouragement!

Replies

• smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

1300-1500 calories a day you might find to be a bit light depending on your stats and how active you are. I would encourage you to eat back 1/2 to 2/3rds of your exercise calories so that number is your net, not gross. What kind of exercise are you doing?
  • padgetac
    padgetac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started today... again. I stopped drinking while I was in school because I was to busy but now I am seeking a job (aka jobless) and have a lot of time to apply for jobs, get stressed out and then feel like relaxing with a beer or a glass of wine at the end of the day. Did you cut drinking out all together or slowly over time? I lost 50 lbs not drinking and light exercise and now I have gained almost half back. I am here to offer my support. Good luck! Let me know how it goes!