Women who ate MORE calories to lose MORE weight on Insanity?

Options
Hello,

I am on week 2 day 3 of Insanity. I have been eating around 1100-1200 calories a day. I have not lost much weight so far but have lost a decent amount of inches already. I want to see the scale move more. I have been trying to up my calorie intake closer to the recommended minimum of 1500 per day while doing Insanity but have a hard time because I am not hungry or tired ever eating 1200 per day. I'd like to hear from any women who upped their calorie intake and saw more weight loss as a result while doing Insanity. Are you out there?

Replies

• betty5158
    betty5158 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your mucsle mass will have increased hun so you will more than likely have lost weight but increased in muscle. When doing a fitness regime like insanity its probably better to measure inches rather that weight as it wont give a true account of how well you are doing :-)xx
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work that way, at least when it comes to fat loss. It's possible that eating too little in addition to strenuous cardio can stress your body and cause you to retain water weight, thereby affecting your progress on the scale, but it's almost certain that you will not lose more fat by eating more calories (aside from any extreme hypos with involving radically different macronutrient distributions). That said, it doesn't sound like you're eating enough, but the reason to eat more is to boost your energy levels, stress your body less, and so on - not to lose fat at an increased rate.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    From what I've read and from my own experience with Insanity. You will see the most results in month 2. Just stick with it.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    You certainly haven't gained any muscle eating 1100-1200 calories a day. Do what the site suggests, log your exercise calories and eat to goal. It's that easy.
  • MrsJonesFitness
    MrsJonesFitness Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As per science a woman can only gain a certain amount of muscle per month. So if you are losing inches and not losing weight it's not all muscle. What it is really is water and glucose retention in your muscles while they are healing. And if you workout over 48-72 hours, you will again be using your muscles and filling them up again before they have a chance to return to normal so you can get a true reading of your weight. This is why I never measure weight. I use measurements and photos. I don't really care about a number on a scale, just the fact that I look and feel better. I would also suggest eating more around that calorie intake as 1200 is pretty low. Last year with lifting and eating 2000 cals per day I lost 9 inches. I am 5'5 and 125lbs. So I really don't understand why people eat such a small amount? but my body is a machine so I feed it for power <3
    Good luck hun :) Do some reading, I found knowing the science behind fitness was empowering.
  • basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just an update. Since my post I upped my calories to 1300 and have replaced my dinner with Shakeology. I have seen a .4 lbs loss every day since. Next week I will try to add another 100 calories. I'm not sure if the increased loss is due to increased calories, shakeology or the woosh effect but am happy to see the scale moving.
  • SinCityFit
    SinCityFit Posts: 96
    Options
    Wh's the Whoosh Effect?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Lowest cal intake according to the Insanity diet guide is 1700 cals. you will burn out on less doing a program like that.
  • basiabroker
    basiabroker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wh's the Whoosh Effect?

Google it. ;)
  • jamsandbutter
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but wondering if anyone could help me out here. I'm 171cm (around 5'7), started at 59.5kg and I'm on my last week of Insanity. I wanted to lose around 3kg or so but i've gained 1kg instead. I've lost inches around my waist and thighs, and am toner, but I'm so frustrated as to why i'm not losing the weight and gaining instead! I eat relatively healthier, been adding more protein to my diet. My TDEE is approximately 1750cal, so I've set MFP to 1300 cal and I eat back my exercise calories. I'm hoping that the extra weight is due to water retention because I am PERPETUALLY ACHING doing the workouts everyday haha. Anybody out there with similar experiences? Any advice? Previously I lost 10kg over a year doing cardio workouts around twice or thrice a week without tweaking my diet too much so I'm wondering why I'm not seeing results after exercising more intensively :(