hey there pals :)

Options
so, i'm new here but not new to the battle of the bulge.
there are a million reasons how i got to the weight i am today but one reason why i'm here now and why i'm determined to get healthy... i want to live life to the fullest!!
too many times i've been held back by my lack of confidence and self-acceptance due to weight. i want to get to that place where my body matches my mind in adventuring. nothing holding me back!

my level of commitment comes and goes. each time i've set out to lose the extra pounds i've made some progress and at some point lost focus/drive and slipped back into unhealthy eating patterns.
through those trials i've learned a few things about myself and hopefully those lessons will help me be flexible and forgiving and push through the road blocks.
i feel stronger this time, more serious. there are so many things to gain from a healthier lifestyle.
thank you for being a part of my process :)

Replies

• nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Welcome to MFP!!
    I understand what you are saying and feel the same way:smile:
    It is hard to lose weight, make it a life style change and to stay motivated, but you found the right place for help.:happy:
    Everyone on here has been so kind and supportive to me, it has been awesome!!! So good luck- you can do it!!:bigsmile:
    Feel free to "friend" me if you want :happy:
  • littlet22
    Options
    thanks for taking the time to say hi
    i guess i'm so new that i didn't really "get" that this is like a community. lol
    anyway, i'll hit you up for the 'friend' request.
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome. :drinker:

I love MFP - I mean my weight loss has been slow, but I'm fine with that. I truly believe change is slow. But I'm eating healthier now than when I did WW years ago. Just don't be too hard on yourself in this journey. I have come to the conclusion I'll never be 100% perfect in this journey, but who is. We are all human.

I'm happy with my 19 pounds down since March.

WE CAN DO THIS ... and not be deprived.

~Tamie

:flowerforyou:
  • littlet22
    Options
    hi tamie,
    congrats on the 19 pounds! i agree that change is slow... i mean, it's not like my extra weight just came upon me over night. lol.
    of course faster results would be nicer but i think i'll learn to respect the process/lifestyle more if it requires some time to really think about it and learn.
    love your little smiley... are those coffee cups? lol
    thanks for the encouragement, trish