Trouble finishing strong with just a little left to lose?

Options
Has anyone else out there hit a wall? I feel like I'm having trouble getting through the last bit of weight I need to lose.

The short version of my story:
The summer of 2012, I hit the highest weight I ever weighed - 222 lb at a height of 5'6" and age 26. The moment I saw that number, something snapped, and I got so motivated to change. I never wanted to see that number ever again. I lost 55+ lb in about a year's time. At my lowest, I was between 166 and 167 lb. I've gone from a tight size 18 to a comfy size 10. I have become much more active, made some great exercise habits, and completely changed the way I eat. I've never felt better.

Last fall, I started a new job. I know it's just an excuse, but with the craziness of life, I hit a wall and just couldn't keep the momentum. For the most part, I have been able to maintain. Although, the past couple months, my weight has been hovering a few pounds higher. I'm about 168-169 now. :-P I don't have an exact goal weight number, but I would like to be somewhere between 145 and 155. So I'm wanting to lose another 15-25 lb. Honestly, I would be just super thrilled to fit into a single digit sized pair of pants. Being a size 10 is such a tease after so much hard work, sweat, and tears. :o)

I have been this size for about a year now, and I am proud of what I have accomplished, but I really thought that I would reach goal by now. Is anybody else out there in the same boat? I guess all I really need is some motivation to get the ball rolling again.

Also, losing weight when you're smaller is much more difficult. :-P

Replies

• jmjkj05
    jmjkj05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh I hit the wall alright but I'm not nearly as far on my goal as you are. Great job on the loss so far! Just keep going and you can hit your goal in a few months...
    I know you can do this!
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You are so not alone! This is the second time I'm having to loose weight (First time with baby #1 and no again with baby #2). I definitely hit walls the first time around, but I've been hitting walls more often and much earlier this time around. A couple of things that work for me is to switch up my fitness routine. I love cardio based routines, so I'm always trying new cardio workouts every few months just to keep things challenging and interesting. Secondly, I've found that if I hit a wall that lasts more than a month that a few weeks of weight training seems to jump start things again. Maybe most importantly, turning to my support system has been so important in staying focused. My accountability coach and support groups keep me on track, and they have been a huge reason for my success. Surround yourself with positive support, keep things interesting, and stay consistent and things will come together. I hope this helps. Best wishes!