Recomping Stuff

Options
mthr2
mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
I am within 5 pounds of my arbitrarily chosen goal weight. (Because I wanted to say, "I lost 50 pounds!") Since November, I have only lost 4 pounds, but have lost an inch off my waist and an inch off my hips. I also feel that my overall fitness is much better....can see more of my muscles, can do more, etc.

I log every day (with some vacation/holiday exceptions) and lately my weekly calorie totals have been about 500-1000 under maintenance (one week was actually 500 over, but we won't focus on that). Also, I've been doing body weight strength building exercises about 2x per week (where I will throw in a bit of kettle bell and/or squatting my toddler ha ha to the point that I get pretty sore afterwards) along with a couple of 2-3 mile runs, a yoga workout or two, and maybe a bike ride....varying and adding up to 5 good workouts a week. So I guess I'm wondering what you guys think about my losing fat/gaining muscle at this food and activity level.

I'm happy with my Nov-June results...I know it's slow, but who cares. But the biggest changes I've made recently are more focus on strength and more food. Those two factors should have a positive effect on my fat to muscle ratio, yes? Unless I go over maintenance consistently, of course.

Replies

• Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Chase Karnes wrote something not to long ago about his recomping diet plan, can probably Google it. In-short I believe what he does was 500 calories over maintenance on strength-training days (not cardio only days) and 500 under maintenance on non-strength training days.
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will look into it. :)