Insanity v DDP Yoga

Options
Basically I started insanity yesterday and I've done my 2 days exercises so far, but I'm finding it difficult because I have knee pain from running.

The pain usually lasts around 3-4 weeks, which is why I've been looking for alternatives for a run just now.

My question is, would it be worth switching from Insanity to DDP Yoga until I've lost some weight and I'm no longer getting pain in my knee?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    It might also be your form. Insanity can be very rough on your knees, particularly if you aren't nailing the form. If it's hurting you this soon in, I'd probably drop insanity for a bit. You don't want to wreck your knees.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I've done some DDP yoga. My sister-in-law and brother live in an area with a certified instructor. It was a great exercise, and was way more intense and calorie burning than I anticipated. It is supposed to be great for persons with injury, so maybe for now it would be a better program for you!
  • ADMcNaul
    ADMcNaul Posts: 55
    Options
    It might also be your form. Insanity can be very rough on your knees, particularly if you aren't nailing the form. If it's hurting you this soon in, I'd probably drop insanity for a bit. You don't want to wreck your knees.

My knee pain is from running, as I said. It's a constant pain which I'm booking a doctors appointment about. Whether I had perfect form or not, my knee would still have pain.
  • ADMcNaul
    ADMcNaul Posts: 55
    Options
    I've done some DDP yoga. My sister-in-law and brother live in an area with a certified instructor. It was a great exercise, and was way more intense and calorie burning than I anticipated. It is supposed to be great for persons with injury, so maybe for now it would be a better program for you!

Yeah I think I'll maybe give it a go.