MY LIFTING ROUTINE: ALL RECOMMENDATIONS WELCOMED

Hello everyone. Just getting back into lifting. Want to make sure I am not leaving any huge exercises out. Any reccomendations are welcomed.

PS. I know I don't have squats on there. I have had spine surgery due to herniated discs. Im going to ease into squats once I build up a more solid base.

Here's my workout:

MONDAY (LEGS: 3 SETS 10-12 REPS)
Leg Press
Leg Extension
Leg Curl
Walking Lunges
Standing Calf
Seated Calf

WEDNESDAY (SHOULDERS: 3 SETS 8-10 REPS)
DB Shoulder Press
DB Side Laterals
Bent Over Laterals
Upright Row
Shoulder Circuit

THURSDAY (BACK & BI's: 3 SETS 8-10 REPS)
Dead Lift
Lat Pulldown
Bent Over Rows
Seated Cable Row
EZ Bar Bicep Curl
Concentration Curl

SATURDAY (CHEST & TRI's: 3 SETS 8-10 REPS)
Incline Barbell
Flat DB Bench Press
Cable Crossovers
Close Grip Bench
Skull Crushers
Tricep Pulldowns (Rope)

I do cardio (45 mins) and ABS on my non-lifting days.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Replies

• Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    What are your overall training goals? Size, strength, athletic, etc?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    No wrist curls or dorsiflexion exercises?:laugh:

Looks fine for a split routine if that's your workout choice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Looks fine to me, however you should cut down your reps on the major lifts. Do 3 sets of 3-5 for standard bench press, deadlift (you could honestly just do 1 set of 5 if you go heavy enough), and shoulder press. When you work squats in, they'll fall under this range too.
  • BenVoiles
    BenVoiles Posts: 17
    Looks like a good you routine. I have couple of ideas you might consider. There are many right ways to work out and if somebody tells you their way is the best way then that proves they don't know what they are talking about.
    Anyway, if your just getting back into it, you might consider doing less exercises, but working the major exercises real hard. Also, I would recommend pyramiding on your heavy exercises, both up and down. That way you would get the benefit of both high and low reps. I'm not saying you should do this all the time but give it a try. One other thing, you might consider doing your bent over laterals as part of your back work out. Whatever you do I recommend that you change your workout around about every month or so.
    I'm sure you will do well, just keep it up and keep us posted.