Introductions to be Made

Options
Hi, my name is Ben. I currently take care of my mother (had a stroke and is non-ambulatory) and have found myself sitting around the house waiting for her to need something and then moving and then back to the couch, chair, etc. I play poker to scrape together a few bucks which also requires a great deal of sitting. I'm very into sports and fitness and I do make it a point to play basketball weekly and I have some crossfit training equipment in my workout room (med. balls, tractor tire, sledgehammer, etc.).

I'm here looking for ways to best utilize my equipment (also getting a TRX within the next week or two) and especially looking for nutrition help for myself AND my mother. If anybody knows anything to help my mother, that's obviously the most important thing to me and I would love any help with stroke rehabilitation and things along those lines, also. She's very stubborn, like a mule, and needing someone to take care of her has only made things worse. She has opened up a bit since she realized she can't do whatever she wants and actually needs help, but she still does not want to do some things and still struggles to actually ask for the help she needs unless it's to go to the bathroom. She's literally a couch potato and has no desire to get out.