Active friends who lift?

Options
AlysonG2
AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
I just posed a question to my friends on here about weight lifting, and then realized that I have very few friends (if any) that lift on a regular basis, despite their general awesomeness!

So I'm looking for friends who lift, and hopefully who also log in most days. I'm here every day. I would consider myself novice-intermediate. I feel like I have a good handle on what I'm doing, but I'm by no means an expert. I've lost a little over 50 pounds and have 25ish to go.

I'd just like to have some friends with common interests, so please add me if you're at a similar point in your journey!

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    Request sent.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of about 82 pounds with 45 lost while on MFP. I have been logging for 748 days today and try to support and motivate my friends regularly. I hit the gym Monday thru Friday and workouts consist of strength training/weight training with a cardio session usually mid week. I have been in maintenance for over 1 1/2 years now and have learned to balance life and my love for food.. I am focusing on building muscle, reducing body fat & strengthening my core. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Flyersteve18
    Flyersteve18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Request sent.

Also... if you want, check out Chelsea Lifts, need more women in the fitness community! http://www.youtube.com/user/MakeFitnessEasy

I do try to get on here when I can!
  • salemsaberhagen
    salemsaberhagen Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for the past 2 years; however, I started heavy powerlifting about 7 months ago. I'm prepping for a lifting competition in Jan. I just started getting my wife into doing the four main compound movements (teaching her the technique and helping with her programming); she has made terrific progress. I am not an expert, but I have learned from my past mistakes- no hernia yet:) I am happy to help. I know my wife would be as well.