Looking for Public Opinion

Options
After searching for a good long while searching for advice, talking to RDs who were largely unhelpful or seemed to know even less then I did, I came up with some new numbers. I am curious to know what you all think:

So, with a BMR of 1750, and TDEE of 2560 (based on a projected workout schedule of 5x a week) I should lose about 2lbs a week staying at around 2000 calories. Make sense to y'all? Whatcha think???

Anything that I need to think about, that I haven't? Anything I need to consider that I didn't? I am currently in a plateau phase of about a year- I am at 220, trying to get to around 190-185.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    If TDEE is 2560, then 1560 would be a 1000 daily deficit for 2 pounds a week. But if you're needing to lose 25-30 pounds, a 1 pound per week goal is perhaps more reasonable.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    After searching for a good long while searching for advice, talking to RDs who were largely unhelpful or seemed to know even less then I did, I came up with some new numbers. I am curious to know what you all think:

So, with a BMR of 1750, and TDEE of 2560 (based on a projected workout schedule of 5x a week) I should lose about 2lbs a week staying at around 2000 calories. Make sense to y'all? Whatcha think???

Anything that I need to think about, that I haven't? Anything I need to consider that I didn't? I am currently in a plateau phase of about a year- I am at 220, trying to get to around 190-185.

If indeed your TDEE is 2560 and you eat at 2000 then that is a def of 560/day x 7 = 3920 deficit which is just above a pound so am now sure how that is going to get you at 2/week.
    That is assuming you burn what the system says you will during your 'projected' workouts. I found those calorie burns to be high.
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yea, that's true- and usually, my heart rate monitor gives me fairly different readings then on here, but my HRM is on the fritz at the moment. I hope that I can get it working again, so I can get better measures of what I am actually doing.

If indeed your TDEE is 2560 and you eat at 2000 then that is a def of 560/day x 7 = 3920 deficit which is just above a pound so am now sure how that is going to get you at 2/week.
    That is assuming you burn what the system says you will during your 'projected' workouts. I found those calorie burns to be high.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I was 220 when i started. I sit in an office at work, i'm lightly active at home, and i workout about 60mins 6x per week. I was eating 2700cal per day and maintaining. I dropped it to 2400cal/day and barely lost...so now i'm at 2100 cal/day and i'm losing about 1lb per week.

You'll have to play with the numbers in practice to fine tune it but i'd say start with 2000-2500 cal/day and see how that goes for a couple weeks. 2lb/week is probably too aggressive to maintain a good workout. You wont have the energy to do the workouts...