Pre-planning meals and snacks

Options
Does anybody else use the food tracker to log what they plan to eat the next day? I'm finding it much easier planning what to eat for the entire day, the night before.

Replies

• kg7224
    kg7224 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have not done that but it sounds like a great idea and takes the impulsiveness out of what to eat!
  • live2run95
    live2run95 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Today, for the first time I logged in the morning the general idea of what I was planning on eating and changed it when needed. I have found that it did help me stay on track.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • chelseablue13
    chelseablue13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I fill mine in first thing in the morning. I like knowing exactly what I'm going to eat that day.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I try to do this, too. I do end up changing things sometimes but that's ok. I like the feeling of control it gives me and having a guideline helps.
  • swilkinson0705
    swilkinson0705 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I usually start with dinner as that is when my family eats together. I don't log exercise until I have actually done it though. It's very helpful and keeps me on track.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Not for tomorrow's meals, no. But I will figure out my day according to what I ate or want to eat for breakfast and morning snack. Those are often my impulse eats, so I'll tweak everything else to fit those in.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I usually plan what I am going to eat for the day first thing in the morning, it helps me stay on track and if I stray off a little I can always go back and update my food diary with my changes. But I always begin my day with pre-planning my meals for that same day.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've eaten pretty much the same thing for the last 2 months. I decided it was the best way to make sure I stayed on track. It works beautifully! I change things every so often but for the most part I eat the same and at the same times of day. I log in my food as I go usually after each meal.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I plan for a week ahead of time. It is a great way to make sure I hit may macros and work in some snacks.
  • daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I almost always have most of my meals planned the dale before. Usually dinner is the only one that i don't have planned.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I usually log most of my food in the am once I decide what I want for the day.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Does anybody else use the food tracker to log what they plan to eat the next day? I'm finding it much easier planning what to eat for the entire day, the night before.

Very smart way to do it. Planning ahead works with just about everything!

With proper planning you don`t end up out of calories and hungry at night. You can just be hungry all day and night. :laugh:
  • shiningstar93
    shiningstar93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yes I do that particularly if I am going out to eat with friends.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is the only way I am able to meet my goals. I also prep all my food the night before since I have to work so early, so it works out.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I plan my entire week out in advance and adjust as needed.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I usually log most of my food in the am once I decide what I want for the day.

This! I do this everyday !
  • agrafina
    agrafina Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I plan my entire week out in advance and adjust as needed.

When I'm on top of things, this is what I do, at the same time I make my grocery list so I know what I need to buy ahead of time. If I can't do it a week out, I try and pre-log the night before or that morning before breakfast. Breakfast and snacks are frequently the same thing, and lunch is the same things a few days in a row, so I usually have an idea even if I don't log really early what my numbers are going to look like.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Yup, most of the time, and sometimes more than one day in advance. I usually adjust the day's diary as I go along, but I like to go into it with a general plan... Pre-planning greatly increases my likelihood of hitting all my targets for both macros and micros.

ETA: Why more than one day in advance... because if I'm craving pizza, ice cream, or some other calorie-dense food on a rest day, I can often prevent some damage by pre-logging it for a planned workout day and just looking forward to it until then. It works. :)
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yes, I plan ahead and then adjust as I eat the food.