8 weeks in and realizing a big mistake - HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    your not in starvation mode, read about bmr, tdee, and deficits for weight loss.
    any weight gains you've had are either from eating to much, water weight or muscle increase.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Basically here is the deal with MFP. At the beginning they give you a certain amount of calories you can eat in a day (1200, for example, it varies between people). If you don't exercise, then you can just eat those 1200 calories and you are supposed to lose weight. If you exercise, then MFP will give you extra calories that you can eat, because you just burned calories exercising. So if you start out with 1200 calories and then exercise and burn 200 calories, you can eat 1400 calories that day and lose weight. The thing you have to make sure to do is actually log the food that you eat. You will be surprised how many calories are in certain things!
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congrats on learning how to run. :) I am also trying to learn how to run; it is very difficult. Be proud of the progress you have made. Are you consistently logging? Or do you log through part of the day but not finish your entry? If your entries are complete, then I agree that you are not eating enough. Bare minimum is 1200 calories a day. You should really try to at least eat 1200 cals a day. If you are still at a plateau after that, try eating 1500 calories two days straight, then 1700 the next day, then 1500 again for the next two days. Good luck.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to log running... I am pretty sure there are a bunch of apps for it though. Also you can monitor your fitness by a fitbit or jawbone devices :)