2nd time lucky?

Options
I took a long hiatus from MFP while I was sorting out family, work and social priorities. During that time I once again got in that habit of ignoring what I needed to do for myself. It was nothing to fly by some fast food place at 4am on my way to work because it was easier than cooking at that hour in the morning. By the time lunch would roll around and the work was piled up around me, it was food that was fast and easy again so I could get my paperwork done. Drive home, tired as can be, thinking.. I don't want to cook and hubby has already fed the kids, why not grab a quick burger before going home to faceplant in bed and then start again tomorrow.

I've had the wake up call. Diabetes runs rampant in my family and it's only through some miracle I haven't been diagnosed yet while carrying all this extra weight around. So I've cut back on work hours, I've gotten into the habit of making slow cooker meals, making my lunches and taking them to work with me, and swimming laps an hour or so a day not only for exercise but to keep cool in this terrible bloody summer weather we've got going on.

I'd like to make the journey with some friends. I'm not about counting every calorie or cutting every last bad food from my life. Life's too short to give up all the good stuff. I want to move more, and be more conscious of my choices in nutrition. I'm practicing moderation. If you'd like to "moderate" yourself with me - please send a friends request :)