Plateau

Options
How do I know if I've hit a plateau in my weightloss? And if I did, how do I get out of it? For the past 3 weeks or so, I haven't lost any weight. I haven't been gaining either, just maintaining. I haven't changed anything in my diet or exercise, but the weight just stopped coming off. I appreciate any help or advice anyone has to offer :)

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    You might need to recalc your TDEE to make sure you are eating at a caloric deficit with 32 pounds gone. You can also change up routines for exercise for fun to make short term weight loss stops not seem like a plateau, but that is kinda a mental thing.
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You might need to recalc your TDEE to make sure you are eating at a caloric deficit with 32 pounds gone. You can also change up routines for exercise for fun to make short term weight loss stops not seem like a plateau, but that is kinda a mental thing.

this, weight loss is a function of calories in vs out. 99.3% of the time a plateau is just eating to much or water weight / muscle weight vs fat weight.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Three weeks is a bit short to call plateau. Allow more like six to eight weeks. Has your calorie allowance changed since you started losing weight? A smaller body does require less calories to survive and therefore to lose weight at the same pace. You would either need to slow down your weight loss pace as you go - maybe 1.5 or 1 lb per week instead of 2, or lower your daily calorie allowance

You should also check to verify that you're not eating more than you think. Do you have and use a food scale?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1296011-calorie-counting-101