Any swing or graveyarders out there?

Options
Hey guys!
I'm wondering if there are any swing or graveyard folks out there who would like to be friends.
I am an emergency veterinary technician and as such work late swing and graveyard shifts with the occasional day thrown in there. I would love to find a few friends who are on a similar path and with whom I can share in the struggles inherent to our careers and schedules.
Because I what I do and where I work I don't actually have a scheduled lunch nor do we get breaks so my eating is typically 'on the run' in a snacking mode. Sometimes, on really busy nights, I don't get to eat at all and subsist on coffee until I get home. Other nights is more like a snacking-fest.
One of the other aspects of my job is the inherent emotional component. It's hard to describe, but those of you out there who work in similar fields will understand. Thus my post. Hope there are a few of you out there who would like to be friends.
Phoebe :)

Replies

• deistgirl
    deistgirl Posts: 2
    Options
    Here! I usually work the 6pm-3am shift at my job, at a call center. Eating healthy is always a struggle with our schedule but it can definitely be done!
  • MackynDibsMom
    Options
    I'm bumping this to see if there are any other graveyarders or nightowls out there?
  • Rstock814
    Rstock814 Posts: 1
    Options
    I work 7p-730a as a nurse in the local neonatal ICU. I completely understand the unscheduled lunches, emotional eating and snacking, and the possible no eating whatsoever. There has been nights when coffee is my best friend and only lunch.
    I was a veterinary technician before I became an RN. Both are jobs that can be emotional rollercoasters.
    I am just restarting here to loose the weight that I have gained over the past 5 years of overnights.