Too Many Calories Burned?

Options
My daily calorie goal is about 1700 to lose 2lbs a week which I usually hit given my calories burned @ the gym. Having said that I have been aiming at burning 1000 calories a day in the gym, however when I do the next day is rough as far as energy & there's a bigger food craving. Just wondering if maybe I need to aim lower as far as calories burned? Also I eat back my calories, yes or no? Thanks for your input.

Replies

• shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Can I ask your BMR, height, weight age etc?
  • jocoff2012
    jocoff2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'5, 170lbs, age 36, don't know bmr, medium build I would say.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    1700 calories sounds like a reasonable NET goal, broadly speaking. That means you should eat more like 2700 on days you're burning 1000 in the gym (which is admittedly a large burn). The lack of energy and cravings seem like indicators of this.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Dont eat back all of your cals burned and up your cals to the tdee method, change your goals to only lose 1 lb a week, you dont have that much to lose anyway. your at 170, and i would say unless you intend to bulk for muscle, then you dont want to go under around 160/155.. (pound wise).. holler at me at work tommorrow. ill explain more. :)