Christmas Survival

hanstar
hanstar Posts: 3
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Um is anyone worried about wrecking all the hard work by indulging over Christmas.
I definately am.
I end up going home to my parents every year and there is food absolutely everywhere.
I would love to survive Christmas this year without it all going wrong.
Anyone have any good tips???
Hanstar :happy:

Replies

• Good post! I'm gonna need all the help I can get too!
  • sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Eat often, and eat small. This will keep you from getting hungry and pigging out. Also, chew gum... Then you won't be tempted to munch on stuff.
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    I'm planning to make time to exercise, that way, if I eat too many calories I can try to burn them off.
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    what I do now to avoid sweets is always have Ice Breakers Sours with me. they are 0 cal and usually take care of that craving for a treat for me. Don't know how well it will work over the holidays with constant temptation though!
  • Oh they sound good.
    Where can I get those from?
    I could ask for some in my stocking :)
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    For me there's only one way to survive Christmas: lots and lots of exercise!
    I know for sure that I'll be eating way over my calorie goal from december 24th till January 1st, so the only way to keep damage small is to exercise, exercise, exercise, to have so many more calories available...

MM
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Enjoy the Holiday for everything else it brings...visiting with family, have alittle bit of things..don't over indulge and remember to be active.
    I watched my family members constantly eating candy all day Xmas day last year..and felt so much better for not doing that. I still enjoyed the occasional dessert but only one a day and didn't go back for seconds on anything.
    The Holidays can be about so much more than food if you make the choice to not focus on that.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    I am also worried about this! I'm working my little *kitten* off at the moment in order to prepare for a (hopefully small) gain over the holidays. I think my plan is going to be to keep up the exercise - and allow myself a few treats so I don't feel like I'm missing out, but also try and make the healthiest choices at buffets etc? Avoid the white bread and pastries! :)

I will be looking forwards to everyone elses tips though! :) Gained 10 lbs last Christmas and with my wedding in May I REALLY can't afford that!!
    -x-x-
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    I'm going to try and not over indulge too much, but I want to enjoy the festivities too. So small portions of everything. And if I put on a lb or two? Well I know what to do to loose it again in the new year.
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    Oh they sound good.
    Where can I get those from?
    I could ask for some in my stocking :)

I can get them just about anywhere. usually with the gum and stuff at the check out
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Spoil your appetite with something healthy and filling right before walking into temptation (as opposed to 'saving up' for an indulgent meal).

Enjoy all the foods the holidays have to offer, but do so slowly. Savor each bite and stop eating when the bite in your mouth is less-delicious than the last.

Keep the calorie-free beverages coming if you feel the need to 'do something' while others are still eating. My fave is black coffee. Warms me up, have to take my time with it, no calories :)

Limit yourself to indulging on THE DAY (Christmas and New Years). Do not take home any left-overs.

WE CAN DO IT!!!

Charmagne
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Well. I intend on eating whatever I feel like on Christmas day. I might feel like Chocolate, I might feel like a mince pie, I will definately feel like a special breakfast and a roast dinner. I'll keep a note of it. if i'm over i'm over. If i put wieght on....tough. I can lose it again. One thing is for sure. I will not spend christmas day watching other people eat nice food whilst munchin on a celery stick. not fun!

There are also eneregtic dogs that I can walk for hours at my mums house if I feel the need to burn off calories...to make room for more treats : D)

Merry Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.