Question for women...sports bra suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• replesco
    replesco Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Third for Panache underwire sport. They are pricey but very worth it.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just wear a regular bra and add an adjuster to the back (I think you can get them at walmart) that hooks both straps together and makes the bra a racerback then I wear a looser, plain sports bra on top. Works great and much cheaper than all these suped up sports bras for large chested girls. I wear a 42 H so you know it has to work good if it holds these babies up!
  • RavenaRae
    RavenaRae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant has a new line of sports bras that have formed cups so it doesn't look like you have a sports bra on. And they work!! My daughter and I both love how comfortable they are. They have padded straps with 8 different links to adjust the strap length.

Definitely try them on at the store though, they're a different size from the everyday bras I buy there.

And they're cute, most have a color stripe and a couple have patterns.

Prices are decent and so far they've held up well. We both have several and each one gets washed a couple of times a week at least and they still look brand new (bought them a couple of months ago).
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I got mine from vanity fair. The best bra advice I have is only wear it to work out. One of my co-workers wears hers all day and it does nothing for her lady parts.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike ones, must be high impact though (I'm a C/D cup). They have some low impact ones that are completely worthless. I tried it once for a 5K and my daughter said I was embarrasing her "with all that flopping". :laugh:
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Panache underwire and my personal favorite - Shock Absorber.
  • 9thChakra
    9thChakra Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Some good ideas here. Also wanted to add something my friend does that may work...she doubles up and wears two.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32DDD, and I love my Enells! They're not cute, but I can run/jump/lift without any pain or issues.
  • MindyM80
    MindyM80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    victoria secret has a wonderful sports bra. its heavy duty!! i used to have to double up. this is a cross back bra that literally holds my breasts at attention. i can do jumping jacks and jump rope. i waited way too long to indulge. it was about $54
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38DD. I do kickboxing so I need a good supportive bra. I like the Glamorise Double Layer Wirefree sports bra the best with the Glamorise No Bounce Cami Bra a close second.

I have had a couple Champion sports bras (the good ones with formed cups) that lasted fairly well, but the last ones I ordered, they had changed the hardware on the straps to plastic instead of metal and the pieces broke within a matter of a couple of wearings.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Champion makes the best sports bra, period!! I was a 36DD when I started working out and bought two of them from Academy sports for $40 each.
    Now I am down to a 34C and bought another one at Kohl's on clearance for next to nothing. they have underwire and velcro shoulder straps which easy to adjust....and are perfect for running (especially with larger breasts).
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I spent roughly GBP 50 on a Panache sports bra. It's a great brand particularly if you have a large cup but a small back size. Absolutely love it, I can go running wuthout pain. And that's pretty damn special when you're large chested!

To all the ladies wearing two bras, you need to invest in a proper sports bra. Two bras do not sound comfy/supportive.