zero calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yeah like those 2 pickles I enjoyed...put me over my sodium...if I only would of just said no.

Pickles get me every time....it all started when I was pregnant with my now 6 yo. I'd have a pickle, a glass of milk and a cheese stick for dinner.

I told my husband....no more pickles! To me they are like Lay's potato chips...no one can have just one.
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i had challenged myself to nix the monsters and needed a carbonated drink. Switched to Sparkling Ice carbonated water. its got a bunch of zeros on it, including the sodium. Im figuring it to be about 5 per bottle but really its just water.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    some foods have negative amount of calories too because it takes more energy to eat the food than the foods itself. so eat as much (welll not as much) but enough to make you full of any of these foods :] hope this helps.
    Fruits

apple
    cranberries
    grapefruit
    lemon
    mango
    orange
    pineapple
    raspberries
    strawberries
    tangerine

Vegetables

asparagus
    beet
    broccoli
    cabbage (green)
    carrot
    cauliflower
    celery
    Chile peppers (hot)
    cucumber
    dandelion
    endive
    garden cress
    garlic
    green beans
    lettuce
    onion
    papaya
    radishes
    spinach
    turnip

Unfortunately it is a myth, there are no foods that take up more calories to digest than they contain.

Oranges contain on average 80 calories, it does NOT take 81 calories to digest an orange, it takes approximately 30% of those calories to digest it, leaving 70% of the calories still in the body. The same goes for the other foods.

People think they can eat certain foods and it will enable them to lose weight, the long and the short of it is calories in -v- calories out. No short cuts, no easy way.

It needs to be recognised that to lose weight, it will take focus and a mental approach that is not lazy.

^^ yep. this list is completely ridiculous. there are plenty of those foods that are LOW in calories (but should still be counted) but some of the fruits, especially mango and pineapple, are much higher in calories than others.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Be careful with pickles - the ones I have are 2-4 servings PER PICKLE (depending on 1/2 to whole pickle). So 20 calories per whole pickle. Eat the whole jar and that can start adding up quickly.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    some foods have negative amount of calories too because it takes more energy to eat the food than the foods itself. so eat as much (welll not as much) but enough to make you full of any of these foods :] hope this helps.
    Fruits

apple
    cranberries
    grapefruit
    lemon
    mango
    orange
    pineapple
    raspberries
    strawberries
    tangerine

Vegetables

asparagus
    beet
    broccoli
    cabbage (green)
    carrot
    cauliflower
    celery
    Chile peppers (hot)
    cucumber
    dandelion
    endive
    garden cress
    garlic
    green beans
    lettuce
    onion
    papaya
    radishes
    spinach
    turnip

wrong. so not true. there are no negative calorie foods. dream on.
  • jamiek917
    Options
    i just realized we are all responding to a post from 2010...
  • peeaanuut
    Options
    those types of foods do burn pretty fast and are so very low in calories, but to call them a negative food is just misleading. The bonus about most of them is that they are very filling with a low calorie number.
  • peeaanuut
    Options

There is an evil dead thread bumper among us. Find the culprit!!!!!
  • jamiek917
    Options

is it ironic that her name here is BELATEDLY ?!?! LOL
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

is it ironic that her name here is BELATEDLY ?!?! LOL

:laugh: That is fantastic.