Humongous Thing I'm Going to Advise For All You New Diet-ers

Options
Ok, so a big thing I want to point out is this:

WHENEVER YOU LIKE SOMEONE'S POST ABOUT COMPLETING THEIR LOG FOR THE DAY, READ IT (if it's available for you).

There's a big reason I'm going to say this.

I've noticed that a lot of people just absent-mindedly like the post, and don't take the time to see what the other person is doing right. Actually, there are a lot of times that the other person is doing something wrong.

Example: Today, I was under my calorie goal. Fantastic right? Right?!

WRONG. I ate ~1150 calories, and burned ~730. That's bad for a guy like me. I'm practically starving myself.

I did it because I'm stressed about personal problems, and my go to solution is to eat. A LOT. But now, I do the exact opposite, and have wound up becoming so bad that most of the time I lose my desire to eat.

Point is, be a TRUE friend and read your friends' logs. You'd be surprised how much you can accomplish for yourself and for them. :)

Keep on going, guys!

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!
    You can pick up on blips, encourage people or see what's up if their log is uncharacteristically low or high for the day, and it's one of the reasons I try to eat breakfast more (I have a bacon and eggs angel on my FL reminding me to eat it!)

This will prob seem a bit witchy of me, but I like to do it as well to see if people really are doing it the healthful way. I saw someone once eating around under 1000 a day consistently, and then going on about doing a cleanse they didn't need. I ended up defriending them, since their goals and habits didn't align with mine. I don't see how people can mindlessly like posts. You can pick up on so much by taking 10 seconds to skim!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. I always look before I like lol.
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Very thoughtful post! (Sorry to hear you're having a hard time, though.) I agree. I think everyone would help each other tremendously by actually peeking at their food logs.
  • rayo429
    rayo429 Posts: 9
    Options
    Spot on post! when I first joined I had lots of "friends" but when I tactfully tried to advise them that 1000 calories including coffee etc wasn't healthy they couldn't understand why. I don't claim to have all the answers but cannot join in the high fiving of eating unhealthy....that's why I'm Billy No Mates now :-)