☆Hi, I'm new here, and I'm looking for friends☆

Options
Hi, my name is Tara, and I'm looking to make friends here. I've been struggling alone for a long time, and would really like to try making friends who are also interested in weight loss. I've known a lot of people who just give up, or get surgery as a quick fix. I support them because they are (unfortunately) still unhappy. That's why I don't want to get work done. I also don't want to feel pressured to get surgery from thin people anymore either. I need to surround myself with people who want to be in control of their own happiness, and willing to get their hands dirty losing weight the old fashioned way. So is anyone with me on this?

Replies

• 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You already making progress with "can do mindset" which is the breaking point for many. I recently lost weight and don't mind sharing advice to help others.
  • MelaniLight
    MelaniLight Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me.
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    Add me . Im a 28 year old mom losing 60 lbs by christmas. If I could get lipo I would but I also want to be healthy n lipo doesnt do that.
  • genethebean
    Options
    Hi i have not been on myfitnesspal in two or three years and am starting over again. I am 267.4 ish starting today and could do with some new friends for giving and receiving support. So please add as friend.
  • mtodm
    mtodm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would be happy to be supportive of someone else. A lot of nice people have been supportive of me in my journey.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LaxJac
    LaxJac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Happy to support and all the best on your journey
  • giardano
    giardano Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi there
    User name Giardano (Sheila)
    I'm loving it.
    Lost 3Lbs so far.
    It's a great way of reminding yourself what is going in.
  • giardano
    giardano Posts: 13
    Options
    Go for it!!
  • mr_mitch
    mr_mitch Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for an add!
  • 1959sunshine
    1959sunshine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me in, I joined a while back but never followed through, now Im on bored and looking to make a change.
  • alansturge1981
    alansturge1981 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Alan and I have just started on my long road to weight loss. Feel free to add me as im new here it would be good to make friends with people who are interested in getting fit too. I've tried no carb diets before and other fads but although some weight loss happened I never managed to stick to them. I attended a friends wedding recently and having been horrified with the beast I saw in the pictures have decided that enough is enough and the weight needs to go.

I am in no hurry at all, I know that fast weight loss probably wont stay off and am more likely to have excess skin so my current target is 2lbs a week to lose 70lbs in total.

To help me hit my targets ive recently purchased a cross trainer, some weights and a HRM as I think that MFP does tend to overestimate the calories burnt while working out. I have only been working out for a few days now, and although I get exhausted extremely quickly I can already feel that I have more energy.

So anyone that wants to add me for mutual support please go ahead :-)
  • nobel99
    nobel99 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends........I log in daily and comment frequently....unlock your diary for honest to goodness feedback :)
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me :)
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am down with lending support and you are NEVER alone- people here are the BEST! Add me.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    sending request!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Don't let people pressure you or make you feel bad for wanting to work hard to loose it. Today is the first day of the rest of your new life. Feel free to add me or send me a message any time you need to chat :)
  • ddiffey
    ddiffey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm good at liking news feed stuff.
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • jonlfischer
    jonlfischer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    if you want you can add me. I am always looking for friends.

Anybody else that wants add me feel free.