This ^^
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread is dangerous! /runs away
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    On the raw diet you can eat as many calories as you want! I don't know who told you that you only needed 1200

I hope you're not taking your advices from Freelee.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

Damn it! The zombies got me again. >:)

• WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    On the raw diet you can eat as many calories as you want! I don't know who told you that you only needed 1200

I hope you're not taking your advices from Freelee.

Since Freelee recommends 3000 to 4000+ calories a day, I doubt it was her she was following.
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bumpkinz wrote: »
    What a nightmare this last diet has been. There is a reason I never do these things. I have lost 10 lbs but now I am no longer getting my time of the month. I think it is because I did the raw food diet AND stuck to only 1200 calories a day AND did cardio and/or strength training everyday without factoring in the calories lost from that. My body will not lose anymore weight this way and it thinks I am starving. This week I started eating more and will continue to do so...

Just wanted to rant and warn people about the dangers of the raw food diet. I was very stupid thinking I could go on 1200 calories. DO NOT make my mistake. I am only mid twenties I am afraid my reproductive future may be compromised. :(

You weren't eating nearly enough calories, you were barely eating enough for a child, let alone an adult. You are actually describing an eating disorder, it's good that you recognized there was an issue, but the issue was definitely not with the foods your were eating but with the lack of food intake in general. I follow a diet called Raw Till 4, which is a high carb low fat diet, and the creator, whom was already mentions, is Freelee the Banana Girl. Some people have said this diet is not healthy, but I disagree. I've been on it since January 1st, 2015 and I feel great. I've also lost about 20 lbs from my highest weight. In this diet, you aim for 1000 to 1500 calories per meal, usually for breakfast I have a smoothie that contains 2 bananas, 15 dates, and 1.5 liters of water, this is about 1500 calories. Lunch I will have raw veggies, a salad, or several pieces of fruit. Then in the evening for my dinner, I'll have a veggie of some kind, and either cooked rice or potatoes to go with it. For exercise I do yoga. Anyway, I hope you start to feel better and start eating more.
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    ^ raw nuts are ok

have known some people to eat raw eggs - wouldn't do it myself admittedly.

Raw eggs sound crunchy!

Maybe there is extra protein in the shell.. LOL @ crunchy
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options

Sure, if you want to gain weight. Eating raw food doesn't exclude you from weight gain. Calories in, calories out.
    On the flip side, a raw food diet doesn't restrict you to 1200 calories and not eating back exercise calories. No matter what you're eating, a calorie deficit that high is eventually going to cause problems.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Do not eat raw food except for raw fruits and vegetables.

And lots of fish, some meat, some milk, nuts.

*smh*
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Damn it! The zombies got me again. >:)

Me too

But I spotted the 4 year old zombie thread