Heart rate monitors

Options
Hi there everyone, wanting to invest in a HRM. I know the polar brand is good, get what you pay for. My question is which model or do all of them display your resting heart rate? Will any of them display calories burned as you go about your day or are they strictly for exercise? What about the MIO brand too?
I know I have lots of questions so any advice anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!:flowerforyou:

Angie

Replies

• GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone, wanting to invest in a HRM. I know the polar brand is good, get what you pay for. My question is which model or do all of them display your resting heart rate? Will any of them display calories burned as you go about your day or are they strictly for exercise? What about the MIO brand too?
    I know I have lots of questions so any advice anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!:flowerforyou:

Angie
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I have and love the Polar F11. It does a "fitness test" for resting heart rate. I also sometimes wear it in "exercise" mode to monitor how many calories I burn during the day (I wear it once a week on my "day off" from exercise). It's really a fabulous tool.

That's what I know. Hope that helps.:flowerforyou:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, just wanted opinions before I buy:happy:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I saw the Garmin brand at Target. Anyone know anything about that one?
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I just bought a watch hrm for my sister for her bday, at Walmart for 35 dollars and she used it when we went for a walk and it was super super easy to use and worked great! There was no chestband, and it told you your HR, Cal burned, intensity of your workout, etc. I am going to buy one for myself when I get paid again!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just bought a watch hrm for my sister for her bday, at Walmart for 35 dollars and she used it when we went for a walk and it was super super easy to use and worked great! There was no chestband, and it told you your HR, Cal burned, intensity of your workout, etc. I am going to buy one for myself when I get paid again!

You'll have to let us know how it works for you--35 bucks is affordable compared to the hundreds that a Garmin costs. But I know you get what you pay for so...
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    This is the one I bought my sister, and she said it worked great! It's a Mio Sport Heart Rate Watch. This is the website for it on Walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4858051
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I just bought the mio for woman on Amazon. I hope it works good.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just got my F6 last week and I'm absolutely loving it! It shows your resting HR and you can set it so it shows how many calories you're burning as you workout (you still see your HR at the same time). I've been working even harder than before and it gives me that little extra incentive to push it just a few more minutes to reach my calorie goal.

I found mine on eBay and managed to get it for $80.