Just Binged

Options
2»

Replies

• vbevens
    vbevens Posts: 1
    Options
    Exactly, How do you break that cycle? I keep hearing that having a cheat day is good idea. Anyone practice this?
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Too much restriction --> binging --> disappointment --> guilt --> tries to restrict further...

Think about how you can break that cycle.

just for reiteration... "eat more, binge less." it's done WONDERS for me. :flowerforyou:
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Log it - and move on.

THIS

You've lost 92 pounds. File this one under "**** happens" - score it and drive on. Not logging it would be the only disservice you do to yourself.

And? Take the emotion out of it. This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    First, stop beating yourself up! You made a mistake, we all do.

Second, I agree with the people who say to log it. Do that. Look at the calories you took in, think about how you feel, RIGHT NOW and vow not to do it again.

We all make mistakes. You can learn from it.
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had a grandmother who was very fat, and by the usual standards of physical appearance, she was ugly. But she had a warm heart, gave great granny hugs, and told me wonderful stories. When she smiled at me I saw beauty. When I was a kid, I couldn't wait to go to her house. She will live in my heart forever. The measure of who you are as a human being is not your physical appearance, unless you let it be.

Please change your screen name. Find something positive or at least neutral. Applying negative words to yourself does not help you in your journey.

About the binge thing -- just write it off. Water under the bridge, sunk cost, yesterday's news, Go forward from today with doing what you know will make your life a better one.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Most of you tell me to log it. I tried my best at guestimating the calories. It wasn't a packaged food but rather dessert purchased from a deli. I tried cutting back the rest of the day so that I wouldn't go over too much with my calories but towards the end of the day I realized I just couldn't (was too hungry). I ate the rest of my meals like "normal" which put me over my limit a lot since the binge took out half of my days calories.

I'm hoping that with my exercise it would balance out to "maintenance" eating. I doubt it though.

I'm getting close to my goal weight but my body still has so much fat on it. After showering today, I was squeezing the fat on my upper thighs and lower belly. There's a lot there. I wonder if another 10 pounds would take it off or it would have to be 20lbs.