i eat the weirdest things!

Options
i have to be creative about food combinations so get proper nutrition and i stay relatively full. today for a snack, i chopped up a 97% fat free hebrew national hot dog and threw it into a half cup of edamame and stirred in a teaspoon of maille dijon mustard. it was (surprisingly) good and SUPER protein rich! i was delighted. my boyfriend looked at me like i was insane. :grumble:

what are some strange things you like to fix for snacks and such??

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I dunno if this is weird or not, but it seems strange to some people... I like to take raw baby carrots and sprinkle them with Mrs. Dash and eat them. It's way tasty.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    That is weird :wink: but it sounds awesome! I forgot how much I :heart: dijon. Keeping that in mind ...

And I guess I'm too boring to be weird. But I do a lot of cereal for dinner if I'm too busy to cook. :blushing: At least it's high fiber?
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    That actually doesn't sound too bad! :bigsmile:

For me, it is:

Carrot sticks and peanut butter.... sometimes with raisins.

Tuna/egg salad (sounds wierd, but it's really good! I make it with a tuna pouch, a hardboiled egg or two, Fat free or lowfat mayo, and a bit of mustard)

And this is particularly horrible..... :laugh: whole wheat bread, peanut butter, and chocolate fudge frosting sandwich..... works for a sweet tooth, and great with a glass of milk, though not exactly low in calories... :devil:

What else..... hmmm.... when I was a kid, my mom used to make me peanut butter and miracle whip sandwiches. :bigsmile:

That's all I can think of - admittedly, very strange!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • lpollak
    Options
    Tofu takes on the flavor of anything you mix with it. So, I mix one or two tbs of crunchy peanut butter, banana, or raisin, pack of instant low cal hot cocoa a bit of water and mash it all up. You can also add either a few cheerios for crunch or oatmeal. Originally I had wanted an oatmeal peanut butter cookie on weight watchers and believe it or not you can actually bake this but I prefer to eat it like cookie dough. I used to make it for my kids and we put fresh chopped fruit in it and called it MUD. They used to like it!
  • chevysarah
    Options
    i have to be creative about food combinations so get proper nutrition and i stay relatively full. today for a snack, i chopped up a 97% fat free hebrew national hot dog and threw it into a half cup of edamame and stirred in a teaspoon of maille dijon mustard. it was (surprisingly) good and SUPER protein rich! i was delighted. my boyfriend looked at me like i was insane. :grumble:

what are some strange things you like to fix for snacks and such??

This sounds good! I am going to try it!

I have been known to sprinkle pumpkin seeds and almonds in with some chef boyardee pasta shells.... it makes it seem "healthier"... ha ha.

Also sidekicks brocolli chedar rice with some tuna mixed in and cottage cheese on top.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I always eat weird stuff. The only time I ate normal food was when I was pregnant. I can seriously live off of Tomato Soup and Mashed Potatoes. I actually do most of the time.

Weird things.. I love Ramen with a half pack of flavor and toss in chopped dill pickles and cut up lunch meat. I also will make a tray of broccoli and cheese single steamer things and toss it in mashed potatoes. :D
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    All before I started watching what I eat...I did the baby carrots with garlic salt, a raw oscar meyer wiener while dipping it in A1 sauce; slices of cheese dipping it in ketchup.

It's all delicous to me. lol Man, now i'm hungry :P
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    And this is particularly horrible..... whole wheat bread, peanut butter, and chocolate fudge frosting sandwich..... works for a sweet tooth, and great with a glass of milk, though not exactly low in calories...
    That reminds me of peanut butter and nutella sandwiches. Or sometimes just nutella on toast :love:

Every now and then I get a craving for a type of avocado soup.....basically just a mashed up avocado with some milk and sweetener. It reminds me of avocado boba smoothies, but without as many calories.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My all time weird snack is peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches......loved them since I was a teenager!

Next one is one my dad ate, which was good too, was 2 slices of toast with raspberry jam and crispy bacon.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm not too weird these days but when my wife and I were dating years ago I made some spaghetti for dinner. I thought the sauce needed a little something so I added pancake syrup! I thought it really made it special but my wife refused to eat it and STILL gives me grief over 20 years later, lol :)