Mother's Day Success

Options
The kids and I just got back from our Mother's day lunch at a local Chinese/American place. After getting lots of great input online last night and doing a little research of my own, I ordered the Chow Har Kew. Shrimp with assorted vegetables in a white sauce. I asked for the meal to be steamed instead of fried and for the sauce to be on the side. I hapd to send it back when it first came out because it was a big plate of shrimp and veggies covered with a thick sauce. Luckily, our server realized right away that it wasn't the way I ordered it and got it corrected quickly. There were about 2 cups of bok choy, a couple mushrooms, a couple water chestnuts and some scallions along with 6 big (not colossal) beautiful shrimp. The restaurant doesn't have brown rice so I had white rice on the side. I only ended up eating 2 or 3 tablespoons of the rice anyway. And the vegetables were so tasty that I mostly just dipped my shrimp in that. For my calorie/nutrition count I figured 2 cups of bok choy since that was the main vegetable, 6 large shrimp, and since white sauce wasn't an option so I used Lobster sauce to get the numbers. My meal came in at 94 calores. Does that sound right?

All I know is I am SOOOOOOO proud of myself for making smart choices (especially when most everyone else at the table had the buffet) and having a beautiful Mother's Day dinner.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

Replies

• sweetandstormy
    Options
    The kids and I just got back from our Mother's day lunch at a local Chinese/American place. After getting lots of great input online last night and doing a little research of my own, I ordered the Chow Har Kew. Shrimp with assorted vegetables in a white sauce. I asked for the meal to be steamed instead of fried and for the sauce to be on the side. I hapd to send it back when it first came out because it was a big plate of shrimp and veggies covered with a thick sauce. Luckily, our server realized right away that it wasn't the way I ordered it and got it corrected quickly. There were about 2 cups of bok choy, a couple mushrooms, a couple water chestnuts and some scallions along with 6 big (not colossal) beautiful shrimp. The restaurant doesn't have brown rice so I had white rice on the side. I only ended up eating 2 or 3 tablespoons of the rice anyway. And the vegetables were so tasty that I mostly just dipped my shrimp in that. For my calorie/nutrition count I figured 2 cups of bok choy since that was the main vegetable, 6 large shrimp, and since white sauce wasn't an option so I used Lobster sauce to get the numbers. My meal came in at 94 calores. Does that sound right?

All I know is I am SOOOOOOO proud of myself for making smart choices (especially when most everyone else at the table had the buffet) and having a beautiful Mother's Day dinner.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    We went to Ryan's and I started with a huge green salad with veggies and then I had 1 slice of Turkey, 1 spoon of green beans and 1 corn cobbet. I did have a spoon of sugar free chocolate pudding and sugar free whipped topping but didn't finish it. Stuffed but felt healthy!!!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your good choices! It sounded yummy :bigsmile:
    Happy Mother's Day
    Kel~:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    94 calories for the whole meal? No, that doesn't sound right to me... it would have had to have been a REALLY small meal? I think lobster sauce is red sauce isn't it? White sauce would be higher in calories I think... Good job restraining yourself! I would have gone fried for sure! :indifferent:
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    Well, even if 94 isn't right, you should be SO proud for making great choices and still enjoying yourself! Congratulations, and Happy Mother's Day! :heart: :flowerforyou: