Hi, new and concerend..

Options
hi guys, I have a lot of weight to loose I have been overweight for about 5years but obese for about 2 and i'm 22 years old..no matter what my health is my main priority but I am so concerned regarding lose skin :( has anyone got any tips and tricks? Im eating a lot of good for you skin foods, avocado, cucumber etc lifting some weights (when my back is better) any other tips please? or stories regarding your huge weight loss stories with lose skin or without..

my plan is to lose 110lb.

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    A little bit of loose skin will be normal when you have a lot to lose BUT , and especially at your age, most (if not all) will go back to normal over time. The faster you lose weight, the more loose skin you will see.

I'm twice your age and have lost 80 lbs so far. It's taken me almost 2 years with the last year being more focused on lifting weights. I have a little lose skin but since I did it slower than a lot of people it's hardly noticeable unless I focus on it. It's been tightening back up on it's own as I continue to get fitter.

At your age, I wouldn't even worry about it. Lose at a reasonable rate and keep weight training and you will bounce back almost as good as new in no time ;)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Second this. So true. Stay calm and get started--slow but sure. :smile:
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    ^^ ditto what they said. I lost 127 lbs when i was 21/22 and had no loose skin at all. Most of my exercise came from walking, with a few workout tapes here and there.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am afraid with the best will in the world it may just come down to genetics and age (which is on your side). Yes of course do all of the other suggestions.

1. Lose weight slowly
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Moisturise twice daily
    4. Lift weights
    5. Eat healthy fats

All these things will help minimise the loose skin but ultimately some people will be fine and others like myself will have loose skin to deal with. I lost 118lbs 6 years ago. I would however say I lost it too quickly on a VLCD and didn't exercise until I had lost about 75lbs. Oh and I'm in my late 40's.
    Good Luck...
  • stealthelephant0
    stealthelephant0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?
  • healthdream
    Options
    thankyou so much guys!! very reassuring, It doesn't put me off losing weight..just makes me feel abit worried.

i'm 5'6"