Just wanted to say "hi"

Options
Just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone.

My name is Jaime - I'm 35 and live on Long Island with an amazing lil' Italian Greyhound named Marcus. I've been overweight my entire life and have tried just about every diet you can name. My best success was about 8 years ago when I did Atkin's and lost 100 lbs. Unfortunately, I put about 50 of that back on since then. I quit smoking 3 months ago (I was a pack a day smoker for 15 years) and joined a gym 2 months ago. I've been steadily losing weight and feeling better and getting stronger, but wanted to get into tracking my caloric intake to maximize my results. I found the myfitnessplan Android app and then this website. The community looks like it has a great group of folks, so I thought I'd say hello.

Good luck to everyone stopping by and feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    welcome - good for you for quitting the smoking! you'll see results and match those trim dogs! :smile:
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Great job at quitting smoking, I quit 01-01-2009, it can be tough at times but the best choice I have made in a long time.

Welcome to MFP and best wishes in your weight loss endeavors!!!
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Welcome. Kudos on quitting smoking, its been 2 years since I quit. This is a great forum, very helpful on keeping track of what your doing. Great eye opener. Good Luck.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I quit Sep 10, 2008...best decision ever.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jaime! Congrats on making 2 big steps in the right direction! Quitting smoking & joining MFP! :bigsmile: You are in the right place - this site is WONDERFUL for tips, support & all around great friends! :flowerforyou: