Astoundingly good homemade, healthy frozen yogurt!!!!

Options
wanderinglight
wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
Comes with its own workout!!!!

Okay, I am soooo proud of myself! I have one of those "ice cream balls" -- you can buy them on Amazon or at REI. They're super easy to use -- you just load 'em up with ingredients, fill the outside with ice and rock salt and away you go. The best part is that you have to shake or roll the ball to make the ice cream, so I spent 20 minutes doing a weights workout with the ball and ended up with PERFECT frozen yogurt (and sore arms).

I had some dried ginger pieces from Trader Joe's, so I decided to try a honey-ginger yogurt.

Here's what I did:
1 pint nonfat plain yogurt
1 T vanilla
1 T honey
handful of dried ginger (lightly sweetened)

That's it! It is sooooo good.

Next up: nonfat blueberry ice cream

Replies

• wanderinglight
    Options
    Comes with its own workout!!!!

Okay, I am soooo proud of myself! I have one of those "ice cream balls" -- you can buy them on Amazon or at REI. They're super easy to use -- you just load 'em up with ingredients, fill the outside with ice and rock salt and away you go. The best part is that you have to shake or roll the ball to make the ice cream, so I spent 20 minutes doing a weights workout with the ball and ended up with PERFECT frozen yogurt (and sore arms).

I had some dried ginger pieces from Trader Joe's, so I decided to try a honey-ginger yogurt.

Here's what I did:
    1 pint nonfat plain yogurt
    1 T vanilla
    1 T honey
    handful of dried ginger (lightly sweetened)

That's it! It is sooooo good.

Next up: nonfat blueberry ice cream
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!

Happy Mothers day!

:drinker:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of an ice cream ball, but how cool!!! I'm going to have to order one!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is so cool!! I might have to get one!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I know my kids would have a ball with it--no pun intended. :laugh:
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for another great idea. Keep them coming!
    :flowerforyou:
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    lol. we got an ice cream maker for our wedding (I'll admit I asked for it!!) but it's an electric one and I love it! it makes DELICIOUS frozen yogurt and you can do just about anything with the flavors! everyone should make their own! lots of fun! :o)
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    That sounds great! I know my kids would have a ball with it--no pun intended. :laugh:

My 3-year-old nephew looooved it -- we played catch with it, then kicked it around the backyard for half an hour. He was so thrilled to open it up and see ice cream inside! So much fun.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I think I am gonna give this a whirl. I still wanna give the stuff they made on biggest loser a whirl. I can still use an ice cream maker right????