Where do you lose weight?

Options
I've dropped from 226 to 206.2 (not going to give myself credit for dropping 20 pounds, yet). I am 6'1" and wore a size 40" waist slack comfortably before I began losing this weight. Today, almost 20 pounds lighter, and I am still wearing that 40. I tried on some jeans, and the 38s just will not fit. When will I begin losing something around the middle?

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You can't spot weight loss. It goes where your body wants it to go first. You could have lost weight in your arms, legs, or face first. Belly is usually one of the last or it is just the slowest to go away. I know, we all wish it were the first!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Everyone seems to lose differently! I lose from my waist and my face first. I haven't lost a single inch of my chest :sad: and my thighs like to hold onto some padding as well.
  • Guatamellon
    Guatamellon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have been loosing back fat. Thats the only place I can see it so far. :laugh:
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The first to go are my breast and face, followed by my back and hips. The last to go is unfortuately, my thighs, stomach and arms; which are the areas I would like gone first.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    The first to go are my breast and face, followed by my back and hips. The last to go is unfortuately, my thighs, stomach and arms; which are the areas I would like gone first.

Exactly me!
  • scmajm22
    scmajm22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agree you cannot choose where you lose. It usually comes off in the same order you gained it. Belly is almost always last. If you exercise and do core exercises it will help tighten the mid section. I have found that exercise does more for my middle that the numbers dropping on the scale.
    Hang in there!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    You can't spot weight loss. It goes where your body wants it to go first. You could have lost weight in your arms, legs, or face first. Belly is usually one of the last or it is just the slowest to go away. I know, we all wish it were the first!

I lost weight in belly first 3.5. My hips haven't moved and then finally have lost 0.5 inches in my arm and thight! so far!!
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Finally starting to notice some loss. I was starting to worry my scale was lying to me. I assumed that losing 10% of my body weight would result in a noticeable (anywhere) loss.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I've lost weight all over :) but usually the area you are wanting gone the most is last to go lol
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    For the first 10 lbs I was losing inches on my chest rather than my waist, guess I had some moobs to get rid of first.

Since then it has all been coming off my waist.

My *kitten* is as big as ever! :D
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    All over depending on how much i get rid off

but usually my chest (rib cage fat) then waist, then calfs then the rest

its really annoying getting rid of fat on your waist just to stay the same size cause of your hips then you get your trousers falling down to look horrible!
  • januarykim
    januarykim Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I lost some weight in 2009, I had to take a link out of my watch wristband...and I lost 1/2 a shoe size. Too bad no one noticed--"what slender wrists you have--have you been losing weight?" :)