Not lost weight but clothes fitting that didnt

Options
Hi everyone

I posted a few days back because I had gained 1lb despite doing everything right well I can now fit into clothes today that I couldn't a week ago so im not bothered about my whole 1lb gain im going to concentrate on non scale monitoring more

Replies

• garyhorder
    garyhorder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My scales range from slightly lying, to complete and utter ****ing lying, given up on them, i know i feel better in myself, the pounds will drop what ever the scales tell us... though mine are **** non lcd ones, maybe i should invest lol
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Measurements are the way to go for sure. Weight fluctuates on a daily basis due to food consumed, water retention, sodium intake, etc.

You can weigh heavier but look more compact. I'm sure you probably lost a couple inches :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I went shopping this weekend and was surprised to find that I took a small instead of a medium in a lot of stuff. I have never been a small, except once when I was in the hospital for 12 days. ;-)

Well, I did lose a pound, but that doesn't usually cause a size drop.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me this morning and yesterday, my LCD scale is a liar. My smallest pair of jeans told the truth. I still have some ways to go before I'm wearing the clothes I really want to wear, but I'm going in the right direction.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant with my first child I weighed around 140 and didn't have a 6 pack but had a decent midsection. After baby I got down to 123 lbs and still didn't look as toned as before so the scale isn't always the best indicator. If you've seen those pics of 1lb of fat vs 1lb of muscle you can see why you can weigh the same or more and be more toned. You look great and it sounds like you are doing awesome.
  • ishamodi95
    ishamodi95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It could be because you gained weight in muscle which took over for the weight in fat. Either way, the scale isn't an accurate judgement of weight loss.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Inches over the scale anyday - Who is seeing your scale & the number

Who is seeing your inches fall off.......... everyone ???????

You choose!! : )
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I still use my scale, but I gauge how well I'm doing more on my clothes than that. For instance, I'm wearing a shirt that I couldn't wear comfortably a few weeks ago, though the scale has barely moved.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It could be because you gained weight in muscle which took over for the weight in fat. Either way, the scale isn't an accurate judgement of weight loss.
    The scale is the ideal judgment of weight loss. The question is whether weight loss is the ideal measure of progress. A lot of times, it isn't.
  • eggcluck
    eggcluck Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The average woman has about 20% body fat it takes much less for a 6 pack to show, but genetics do play a role in this. However as a rule women with less body fat than this can have fertility and menstrual problems among other things.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I weigh to make myself accountable and not weighing is kind of how I ended up here. Having said that, I no longer view the scale the same.

Also being at a certain weight is starting to not matter like it did before. I'm working out alot now and I see changes that a scale will not show.

This site has really educated me in what is important and the numbers on the scale simply don't matter like they used to. I'd rather look fit and healthy, than be a certain number on a scale. ( I never dreamed I'd ever feel this way, WTH)
  • garyhorder
    garyhorder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    God, i hope its muscle building for me as i am eating like a sparrow