• LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    eating all of things turns a bulk into a dreamer's bulk....not advised
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

If he hits his calorie target, there's nothing wrong with eating all the things. Eating all the things does not mean go hog wild and eat 10,000 calories a day. It just means that you can basically eat whatever you want as long as you hit your protein and fat goals and lift the *kitten* out of everything.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

bulking without eating all the things is just no fun.

a consistent calorie surplus and progressive lifting program does not mean continue on the path to lean gains vis-a-vi chicken and brocolli.

No one said DON"T eat that stuff- but hitting minimum macro goals and rounding the day out with high calorie foods is not problematic.

it's fine.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

Only if you eat an unlimited amount of all the things. I eat all of the things within my bulk calorie budget.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice is fine but there is a world of other foods an flavors out there that will meet your calorie and macro needs.

The chicken, broccoli, rice diet meets basic needs but is just a sad way to eat with no benefit at all.

At least throw in some seafood or beef. Nothing magical about brown rice either. If you like it thats fine but there are lots of other carbs sources out there. Mix it up.

ETA: Eat some green stuffs.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice is fine but there is a world of other foods an flavors out there that will meet your calorie and macro needs.

The chicken, broccoli, rice diet meets basic needs but is just a sad way to eat with no benefit at all.

At least throw in some seafood or beef. Nothing magical about brown rice either. If you like it thats fine but there are lots of other carbs sources out there. Mix it up.

ETA: Eat some green stuffs.

This guy is absolutely right. Eat green stuff. I suggest:

green-ombre-layer-cake-1.jpg
  • JoRocka
    Options
    now I want buttercream frosting.

damnit.
  • Mdsartist
    Mdsartist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your bulking you have so much more freedom of choice, don't have to go mad on eating junk food but don't need to be so fixed to just chicken and rice/salad everyday, try to experiment with your macros and see what works for you I personally like a 43% carbs, 27% Protein and 30% fats, keeping my protein at my body weight in pounds of course I always need to keep changing this as I gain or lose weight. Most foods will fit into your diet just use myfitnesspal as a tracker so you dont go over your fats and carbs.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a bulk but I know that my diary has 250g carb/125g protein/56g fat and 2k calories...

I eat a wide variety of food and with the extra calories I could easily hit those macros with my food choices.

For example today I had fried egg, 2 egg whites, steak, mushrooms and onions and toast with juice and coffee with cream and sugar, lunch was steak with potatoes and veggies, Dinner was salmon with cold pasta salad with crab and egg in it and snacks were grapes and a greek yogurt and I still have over 500 calories left...

Very easy to get a wide variety of food without "treats" if you don't want to do it that way (I wouldn't want to) and still get lots of calories and hit macros...

Feel free to check my diary for ideas if you are stuck...just multiply what I eat and it should fit what you want...
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options

a consistent calorie surplus and progressive lifting program does not mean continue on the path to lean gains vis-a-vi chicken and brocolli.

No one said DON"T eat that stuff- but hitting minimum macro goals and rounding the day out with high calorie foods is not problematic.

it's fine.

well I don't bulk and never plan to so I guess I wouldn't know too much
  • SezxyStef
    Options

it's fine.

Heck cutting without eating all the things is just no fun either....just not in as big of portions when you are bulking...:bigsmile:
  • KalenMike
    KalenMike Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3,580 cal/day
    Carbs / Day 448.0 g
    Fat / Day 119.0 g
    Protein / Day 179.0 g

Those are my targets and I hit them pretty much with this diet:

Breakfast
    2 eggs on wholemal toast
    spinach/banana smoothie
    500ml Full fat milk

Lunch:
    200g Chicken
    300g Sweet Potato

Dinner:
    200g Chicken
    300g Sweet Potato
    500ml Milk

Snacks:
    Homemade Bars (315kcal, 30g carbs, 11g protein, 16g fat)

And I have added calories which spice up my meals, like vegetables, onions, treats during the day, fruit.
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like an omelet in the morning:
    4-5 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1.5 ounces of reduced fat cheese
    1.5 ounces of dices ham
    1 Arnold thin honey wheat bagel toasted
    Usually gets about 400 calories 50 grams protein

save the protein shake for mid morning
  • JoRocka
    Options

it's fine.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

ummmm

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

Heck cutting without eating all the things is just no fun either....just not in as big of portions when you are bulking...bigsmile
    true that... I'm cutting- just stopped at the store for oreo's reese's and more ice cream.
    still getting it in!!!
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    I like an omelet in the morning:
    4-5 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1.5 ounces of reduced fat cheese
    1.5 ounces of dices ham
    1 Arnold thin honey wheat bagel toasted
    Usually gets about 400 calories 50 grams protein

save the protein shake for mid morning

this sounds so yummy and I am not an omlette fan...*makes note of this for later*
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    OP: I don't think you understand IIFYM or flexible dieting. What you have suggested is a very restricted diet plan that is probably not going to provide a good variety of micronutrients.

What I recommend is:
    to eat some protein with each meal (as this puts you well on your way to your protein target)
    eat a good variety of vegetables
    pick a carb source to accompany (if you haven't already got some starchy veg in there like potatoes)
    include a variety of fats from different sources (oil, peanut butter, fatty fish etc)

Plonk that in to your diary and then at the end of the day see how much you have left and make something to fit. I personally normally do a proats or protein sludge bowl with some fruit as that is what I require (normally P&C.)

Others may pick a shake with some ice cream or whatever.

Bulking should definitely have more dietary flexibility than cutting considering you NEED the extra calories.

I'm cutting on similar cals to you (but more protein) and still fit in my KFC and burritos when I can :smile:
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

it's fine.

Then don't give advice on how to bulk. Thanks.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Ok, so with the feedback I have come up with this:

Morning
    -100g instant oats with 600ml green milk

Lunch
    -Chicken breast 200g
    -Brown rice 100g
    -Lentils 1 cup

Dinner
    -Turkey breast 200g
    -Brown rice 100g
    -Lentils 1 cup

That gives me a total of cals: 2714(over by 66) Carbs: 320(40 left to hit) Pro:215(over by 57) Fat:63.2(reached) Fib:40.8(5.9over)

How is this looking now?
    [/quote]
    Where are your fruits and veggies you have NONE in all three meals