Getting back on track after a roller coaster

Options
hmrambling
hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
I was active and fit for many years in my life. I am ex-military and I used to work out a great deal. My weight has fluctuated over the past ten years due to health conditions. I packed on weight after a knee injury and when I was anemic. I had an arthroscopic surgery for my knee (torn meniscus). I was anemic for many years. I suffered with fatigue and I took diet pills and thermogenics to mask the fatigue. I had a blood clot and had take blood thinners and had two trellis procedures performed in order to clear the blood clot. I had a hysterectomy back in 2011. I was at my heaviest weight of 185 when I had the hysterectomy. The hysterectomy ended the anemia (anemia was caused by uterine fibroids). I lost 30 lbs in two years following the hysterectomy. I finally discontinued use of thermogenics, diet pills, and energy drinks in September 2012. I had thyroid surgery last year and I believe it slowed my metabolism some. I gained 15 lbs over the past year. Throughout all of the medical conditions described, I worked out off and on. I hope to be more diligent and continue to work out on a regular basis so that I can obtain my goal. I am getting energy back and I have been working out daily for a couple of weeks now. I am currently 38, 5'5",160 lbs. I hope to get down to 130 again.

I have been eating healthier and have been working out with free weights and on an elliptical machine I have at my house. I have a gym membership but seldom go to the gym. This is my first attempt at weight loss without taking any diet pills or thermogenics. I feel like my body responds very well to workouts and eating healthier.

I look forward to making progress with my weight loss, and I look forward to the benefits of being fit again.

Replies

• sparklenglitter
    sparklenglitter Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You and I have much in common, I am glad you are onboard, I have been on MFP for 30 days now and like the support and being accountable for logging food, activity, weight loss, etc. I have an early call tomo but will chat with you after work.

Have a great Thursday, Carol. :flowerforyou:
  • hmrambling
    Options
    I am now entering my food and exercise on a program through "Live Better Louisiana" which is a Blue Cross and State of Louisiana initiative for State employees to get healthier. I don't really want to enter everything twice, so for now I will be entering it on the Live Better site.

My workout has been pretty much... Elliptical for varying lengths of time and resistances, and free weights. I will probably report weight loss here in my log.

Good to see all of you :) Any other elliptical junkies out there?
  • hmrambling
    Options
    I've lost about ten lbs after working out each morning and eating healthier. I went to the doctor today with my back hurting. She said I've strained a muscle in my back and to take at least a week off from working out. :/

I feel like I just did get momentum.