Protein shakes-

Options
2»

Replies

• mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I get tired of shakes pretty quickly but what I've found that gives me a ton of protein and tastes like a pudding is mixing your favorite low carb protein powder with plain Fage Greek yogurt. This gives me around 50g of protein per serving. I use Maxpro Protein which is extremely high in protein for it's weight. Cheers.
  • kender54
    kender54 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I second Optimum Nutrition Mocha Cappuccino. I like mixing it with almond milk, cold (left over) coffee, and cocoa powder.
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I second Optimum Nutrition Mocha Cappuccino. I like mixing it with almond milk, cold (left over) coffee, and cocoa powder.

Oh my- that sounds soooo good!
  • turbojn997
    turbojn997 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Any of the Optimum Nutrition products. You get what you pay for. Whey protein isolates are the highest quality. Their shake mixes come with low fat, low carb, high protein. Best on the market.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the age old question. What protien shake did cavemen drink? LOL

EDIT: The answer is mammoth blood.

That can't be right, how do you shake a mammoth?

OOooh is that why they theoretically drove them over a cliff?
  • Elretardo616
    Options
    @rainboweager Forget paleo, its bull****. The fact that it has you agonising over which powder to get is ridiculous. Get any decent brand, Reflec, CNP, Optimum nutrition, theres loads.
  • spatty_harris
    spatty_harris Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used to use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard until I read that they use uncertified palm oil in some of their products. So now I use 2 different brands (because I like variety).

Cyborg WPI Choc Peanut butter and PSN Pure Lean WPI Vanilla Honeycomb
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition French Vanilla and Combat Powder in Vanilla.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Cellucor makes all the best ones - Cinnamon Swirl, Mint Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Marshmallow, Red Velvet Cake Batter, and S'mores. I use and like all of them and use them in different recipes as well as in shakes.
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I take AboutTime protein.. i loveeeee it! It has limited ingredients, not a bunch of added unnecessary chemicals :)
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Six Star Pro Nutritions- Professional Strength Whey Protein Plus Elite Series Triple Chocolate

This mixed with a pint of Heavy Whipping Cream for the keto win!
  • Taiser
    Taiser Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hit and miss with this stuff, I've bought some that is really expensive and tastes like chalk. Then one day I just bought the chocolate brand from Wal-Mart and it tastes GREAT, probably the best I've had and it's pretty cheap at 23$ a tub!!! Quite impressed with it! :D
  • suejersey
    suejersey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar in a number of flavors is good.
    Syntrax Matrix in Chocolate I use in my coffee every morning.
    Syntha-6 Strawberry tastes like strawberry milk to me, but has higher calories so I only use it in the summer as a "treat"
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I typically reach for Isopure Banana. Two scoops get you 50g whey protein isolate (if the last bit matters to you), and it mixes readily with chocolate or vanilla almond milk.
  • chrismccannCX
    chrismccannCX Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I finally settled on SFH Pure Whey after trying dozens of different protein powders. No soy, no chemicals, great taste and even mixes well in shaker. There are only 4 ingredients on the bag, it's A2, grass fed and free range. Terrific QPR and absolutely no bloat, gas, super sweet bs. Just straight up quality protein. Only wish someone had brought it to my attention sooner.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump