looking for Paleo/whole 30 friends

Options
I'm going to start paleo/whole 30 when I return from vacation and looking for some people who also follow this lifestyle. If anyone wants to add me as a friend. I'd love to get some ideas, recipes and tips from you.

thanks

Replies

• dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Please add me! :) I literally just bought the book It Starts with Food and hopped on here to search other people on this path. :smile: After I have a chance to read the book and prep, I was looking to start the Monday after the 4th.
  • AJSMmom
    AJSMmom Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm planning to start Tuesday after the 4th cause thats when we'll be home. do you think the book is worth buying.. i found a bunch of groups on FB for whole 30 so i was thinking of skipping the book..
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think the book is worth it. I got it cheap ($10 on my kindle), and I like the testimonials and the science-y stuff that makes sense to me. I have only read a couple of chapters so far, but it is helping fuel my motivation for doing it. I have a couple of friends who have done it and swear by it, so giving it a shot. :)
  • fishingaddict1969
    fishingaddict1969 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just started it...kind of LOL I am taking things out slowly so I can be full on after the 4th as well. I would love to be in your group. Ayone can add me, I am very positive and log daily.
  • awood2785
    awood2785 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start on the 1st. I know making it through the 4th will be hard, but I figure I can eat prior to going to out or just bring some paleo food as we'll be with family and having a potluck lunch. Would love to have others add me that can give me ideas! I've really enjoyed the blogs Nom Nom Paleo and Stupid Easy Paleo. I made some pork and apple sausages today as well as some chicken and zuchhini patties that were both yummy to have this week,.
  • crownsteph
    crownsteph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to do it too!! I joined paleo plan, my best friend has been eating paleo since January and she looks fantastic. Not to mention, her skin is glowing and she is raving about having so much more energy!
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    I'm going mostly paleo at the moment. I can't say I'm following everything to a T yet but I'm in on the major principles. Hopefully, I'll keep progressing as things go along.
  • drmartz55
    drmartz55 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There is a group - Primal/Paleo Group with over 5000 members you guys should all join, knowledgeable people can help with questions and tips on being successful on Paleo. I've been for about 4 1/2 months, have lost about 10 lbs so far.
  • jusa1011
    jusa1011 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi My name is Julie and I am starting my Whole 30 tomorrow June 30th. I spent today shopping and planning out some meals. My boss has been telling me about it and how it has helped his wife with her pain. I am excited. It will be tough but I can't wait to see how I will look and feel at the end of 30 days.:smile:
  • jusa1011
    Options
    I am looking for recipes. Those two sound good.
  • tiffiany24
    tiffiany24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am on day 24 of my second Whole 30 Challenge. It's amazing and life changing! Good luck ladies!
  • jusa1011
    Options
    Wow Tiffiany that is great. I just finished day two. I am excited about this change. I can't wait until my first 30 days are over. So far, I have noticed, no swelling in my feet and ankles. Less salt is making a difference.
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,314 Member
    Options
    Doing LCHF and whole paleo both, add me !
  • jusa1011
    Options
    What is the difference between Paleo and Whole 30? They seem kind of the same except I have noticed that Paleo allows nut flours and a few other items.
  • LiquidCasserole
    LiquidCasserole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just started paleo... feel pretty good about it so far!

Does anyone else feel like their fat intake is off the charts?? Maybe I should just stop tracking it that since everything I read says not to worry about fat when following paleo...

Good luck, Paleo People! :)
  • tiffiany24
    Options
    Whole 30 is just a bit more restrictive version of the Paleo diet. It excludes all grains, legumes, sugar of any kind (even the natural stuff) and dairy.
  • tiffiany24
    Options
    I stopped tracking when I started Paleo. I am eating more calories and fat than ever before. The carbs and sugar levels are down much lower and the weight is falling off of me. No need to track when you are eating clean, whole foods!
  • carrieheller
    carrieheller Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I did Whole30 in April and have been eating Paleo since. I've had a ton of success and am always happy to talk about it :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between Paleo and Whole 30? They seem kind of the same except I have noticed that Paleo allows nut flours and a few other items.

I believe Whole30 is designed as a *temporary* diet whereas paleo/primal/whatever-the-latest-derivative-name-is is not.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking when I started Paleo. I am eating more calories and fat than ever before. The carbs and sugar levels are down much lower and the weight is falling off of me. No need to track when you are eating clean, whole foods!

And this is patently false.

And this isn't just based on my own personal n=1 anecdotal evidence of gaining weight (20#) during a year of strict paleo in 2012 (by eating at a surplus) or of losing weight in the following year while *not* eating paleo (by eating at a deficit).

Even with paleo (or any other approach), meaningful weight loss will always be about a net calorie deficit. You may not track/measure/understand it, but if you're losing weight, it's there. Always.