Why didn't I lose this week?

Options
2»

Replies

• KetoToThin
    KetoToThin Posts: 185
    Options
    Cut your carbs and stop listening to low fat, ultra low calorie nonsense spouted on this forum.

Get your carbs under 50g for a week and watch weight drop rapidly.

People on this forum spew absolute nonsense - wade through the crap carefully.
  • KetoToThin
    KetoToThin Posts: 185
    Options
    I never said "linear" steady and rapid. I use this technique to cut time and time again. It is a proven method of steady weight loss.

You're right. They're wrong.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Cut your carbs and stop listening to low fat, ultra low calorie nonsense spouted on this forum.

Kind of the pot calling the kettle black don't you think? You do realize the you drop weight like crazy initially on keto is because your body stores less glycogen... so you store less water. Keto and low carb alike won't provide you huge weight loss every week. After the first few weeks, your weight loss will level out and you will lose the standard 1-2 lbs per week.

OP, do you use a food scale? Besides what others already stated about weight loss not being linear, I see that you didn't log food everyday. I only went back a week and sunday was not filled out. Consistency and accuracy are the two major things needed to achieve weight loss. It's a very well known fact that the average person under reports calories in.
  • ssmaling
    ssmaling Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Kind of the pot calling the kettle black don't you think? You do realize the you drop weight like crazy initially on keto is because your body stores less glycogen... so you store less water. Keto and low carb alike won't provide you huge weight loss every week. After the first few weeks, your weight loss will level out and you will lose the standard 1-2 lbs per week.

OP, do you use a food scale? Besides what others already stated about weight loss not being linear, I see that you didn't log food everyday. I only went back a week and sunday was not filled out. Consistency and accuracy are the two major things needed to achieve weight loss. It's a very well known fact that the average person under reports calories in.

I do use a food scale. Yes, I did not log on Sunday because it was a free day, but I did not go overboard...at least I don't think. I'm usually quite consistent. Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

I do use a food scale. Yes, I did not log on Sunday because it was a free day, but I did not go overboard...at least I don't think. I'm usually quite consistent. Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. :)

Honestly, even with your cheat day, make sure you log it. I used to do that too and thought I wasn't going over, but my progress stalled because of it.