I feel like a fat dwarf...

I've lost some already, some before I joined here. But I'm in a holding pattern. Same few pounds on and off over and over!!

I'm not happy with myself. My boyfriend is 6ft plus and weighs less than me, he's all lean muscle, and can carry me without a thought! He loves me as i am but when i stand next to him i feel like a fat midget! I'm 5'5"

Partly it is due to my love of wine. Food wise I'm in the calories. Add the wine... Argh!!

It has become a habit to finish work, come home, do the house stuff and then chill in the bath with wine. I changed 12% to 5-6% wine...trying to make a difference...

Tomorrow i am calling up my newly joined gym for an induction. Joined just now...if I'm not here I can't sit in the bath and drink wine! Am also worried that I'm almost 33... I need to be fit and not drinking if I ever want some babies!!! Which aren't looking likely til I'm 34/35

thanks for bothering to read this!!

Wish me luck :D

Replies

• nishass
    nishass Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you (my husband of 2 weeks is 6ft + and all muscle and I'm...well....not and I weigh more than he does) but I am grateful for the fact that he is in my life and he serves as motivation for me.

That said, that is a great move to switch up your daily routine to going to gym instead of sitting in the bath having wine but don't cut it off altogether lest you slip back into the old routine...in moderation it should be fine.

And good luck on your journey!!
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    It sounds like you're squashing excuses and finding solutions. That is not an easy thing to do... so congrats on that! nishass is right though, find a way to stay accountable so you don't slip into old habits. FB support groups and this site has really helped me (I lost over 30 lbs after my first baby and I'm well on my way again after baby #2). You've got this, good luck!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    My boyfriend is super fit, so I understand feeling like a big wobbly mess, definitely.

As far as the wine goes, I've starting mixing myself spritzers - half wine, half Perrier or similar. Cuts the calories in half and I still get to enjoy the wine. They're refreshing in the summer too.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    With 14 lbs. to go (congratulations on your loss!), set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and be patient. The smaller deficit will also help you transfer to maintenance.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    The love of wine/mead is naturally occurring in dwarfs since medieval times.

2408triblk-w800h800z1-48542-drink-like-a-dwarf-smoke-like-a-wizard.jpg