Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein Shakes

Hi there,

I've been told by the fitness instructors at my local gym that I should eat a fair amount of protein for the exercise I am doing. However I've had lapband surgery and I find it rather hard to stomach a lot of meat in a day and there's only so many eggs I can take before I start to hate them.

So I was wondering if there's perhaps some other foods I can eat for protein, or make a protein shake or smoothie for breakfast in the morning. Does anyone else here use any protein shakes? If so do you find that they are helpful at all? Are they very expensive? I don't have a lot of money and don't want to have to fork out lots each month for something. The cheaper the better.

I don't really understand what protein does - so any help anyone can provide will be wonderful.

Thanks for your help.

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    check out carnation instant breakfast. it is cheap and has protein in it.
  • Protein will help you build your muscle mass(women don't get buff, don't freak out) and it helps you to feel fuller longer.
  • Protein helps build lean muscle while burning fat for fuel and most people feel fuller on a high protein diet. You can find protein powder at Wal-Mart for a decent price. I use one scoop of powder, some frozen fruit, 8oz of water, and a scoop of yogurt in the mornings for breakfast.
  • Thanks for the info guys :)