thoughts on EcoDrink from Costco?

Options
d0v3r13
d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
ok, i might be opening a can of worms...who knows...

my mom has some leftover EcoDrink that she hasn't been using, and offered them to me, as far as i can tell they seem like a pretty thorough multivitamin supplement. anyone have any input? i really need to add a quality multivitamin to my diet, i've been having some issues with severe exhaustion. so, i'm asking if its as good as it sounds, or if there is a suggestion for a better multivitamin. i've been eating healthy foods within my calorie counts and exercising regularly and i'm not looking for some super miracle fix all. just a vitamin supplement. thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It is tasty. And if you add one of those individual coffee creamers it's like a cream soda (that's how they do the samples at my Costco).

I don't know how they rate as a multivitamin - I take adult gummy multivitamins.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    If it's free and no cal, why not? I wouldn't buy it, though. Multivitamins don't do anything to improve health, except in areas of food scarcity, studies find. And the pills are a lot cheaper, if you just want the insurance.

Exhaustion -- Maybe you need more iron?
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If it's free and no cal, why not? I wouldn't buy it, though. Multivitamins don't do anything to improve health, except in areas of food scarcity, studies find. And the pills are a lot cheaper, if you just want the insurance.

Exhaustion -- Maybe you need more iron?

i have no idea what multivitamins are supposed to do. all i know is that i am experiencing serious exhaustion and the first thing anyone ever asks is if i'm taking vitamins. i've never been all that good at taking them on a regular basis, so while i have a B12 supplement and a vit c that i try to take regularly i don't take them often enough to know if i'm gaining any benefit from them. what i think is going on, and has been going on for as long as i can remember, is that i probably have fibromyalgia, and i honestly don't think a multivitamin is going to change my life.

but i'm getting really used to the general skepticism around here towards nutritional supplements and so i was curious if anyone had interesting convincing arguments in regards to this one. i will check it out since its free, so why not, and it'll be nice to enjoy a flavor other than water for a change. but i'm not sure i'll be paying $20/month to keep up with it. although my mom swears it fixed her acid reflux :tongue: ....right.....