skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My dad - LCDR Mike Allen - Navy
    My uncle - Jimmy Jordan - not sure of his rank
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If I name one, I've got to name 4.

Grampa Leo in WWII as a Gunny Sargent in the Marines in the Pacific.
    My FIL Frank in WWII in the Army in North Africa and Italy (dropped in on the Pope after his division freed Rome)
    My great uncle Frank who lied to get in in WWII in the Army Air Corps.
    My "little brother" (all 6'6" of him) in the 80s in the Navy in Pacific.
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My husband: Andrew, a US Marine
  • runner915
    Options
    My grandma Morgan :)
  • micah2009
    micah2009 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Josh Filner
    one of the best friends a person could ever have!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My Grandad Reginald Found, WWII
  • thik_nis
    thik_nis Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    <
    This girl!!!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My brother - Allen Navy
    My dad

Thank you all for serving!!
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My great great uncle Arnoz. He was my great-grandmother's brother in law. Her parents, sister, little 1 year old niece died in a war. Her son (my grandad) only survive as she went away with him a week before the attack. Her parents and her little niece died running to hide during bombing. Her sister was later found, buried under a stairs, completely white hair from fear and suffocated there, when she war running home to her baby.

My great-nan never spoke about it and I found out only from my grandmother (wife of my grand dad). We use to go to their grave regularly and even now, every year I'm back in Czech republic, I go there and clean it and put some flowers down.

Arnoz was serving away at that time and from what I heard, he later married again, but never had any more info about what happen to him.

I have them all in a picture frame in the living room so my children can see and learn about my family. I'm proud of him for serving and I'm proud of them for what they have been through and everything they passed onto my great-nan (who sadly passed away few years ago, age 96).

Sorry for the long story........it somehow comes back every time there is a mention of serving in a war. :frown:
  • annemariethayne
    Options
    my husband at the moment :) x
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My husband, Jim (Viet Nam), my neice Casey (Desert Storm), my father Wesley (WWII). I lost countless friends from high school in the Viet Nam War. I was so ashamed of the way the soldiers returning from the Viet Nam War were mistreated by many in our country. To all veterans. . .especially to Viet Nam Veterans. . .thank you for your service to our country!
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    What if you are not from the US?
    How about serving OTHER countries?
    Like Iraq?
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    My father -- David Bowen -- U.S. Army D.A.V.-- Vietanam
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    Don't mean to piss anyone off - but this site has gone international, so it is really RELATIVE who is serving whom and for what!

Just sayin'.
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    My husband Gary Murray ( R.I.P.) My Dad Jearld Mullins (R.I.P.) My dear friend Ron Crain (R.I.P.) Thank you to ALL who serve!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    My grandfather Dale, my father Darrell, my uncle Lyle, my brother David, my cousin Craig (come home soon!!), my cousin in law Justin.
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    Thank you to all who served - you've made me safe in my country!!

My nephew John - Iraq
    My orthopedic - Bob - Afghanistan
    My favorite customer at the restaurant - Frances - WWII (Was a POW and survived) LOVE this guy - he's 89
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    David Tucker -- 2 tours Iraq and counting.

Thanks to all who served, it is appreciated!!!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    <
    This girl!!!

:flowerforyou: THANK YOU thick_ness and all who have serve our country. We enjoy the many freedoms we have because of the sacrifices you have made. THANKS also to your families for the sacrifices you make while your soldiers serve us. Here is to the real HEROs of our country....THE AMERICAN SOLDIER! God bless you!

:heart: Special prayers today for those who have lost soldiers in the name of freedom. God bless and keep you and know how very much we appreciate and honor your soldier. We cannot express our gratitude for these sacrifices made. There is a special place in heaven for these brave men and women. :heart:

:blushing: I honor my son and hero Raleigh - US Army, for serving his country...Raleigh spent over a year in Iraq fighting for our freedom. I can not even begin to share how proud I am of his bravery and true American spirit. His commitment to his country and freedom is not explainable but visible. Thank you God for bringing my son home safe. :heart:

Thanks for this thread!