What is the deal with carbs?

Options
13»

Replies

• gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this has helped you warm bananas.
    Reading this has made me want to give up.
  • Odinisgod
    Odinisgod Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with carbs. Just try to stay away from the refined stuff. Try to get the bulk of your carbs from fruit, vegetables, and whole grains.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    The deal with carbs is that are delicious and necessary for sustaining life. Fruit and veggie are carbs. My carbs are set to 55% of my total calories and I enjoy bread, pasta, rice, and limited sweet treats. I don't think I could sustain any other kind of food plan over the long haul.
  • sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You should NEVER try to eat a low carb diet, especially if you are exercising regularly.

Really? Why ever not?
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight without going on a low-carb diet...just maintaining a calorie deficit. The problem with low-carb diets is just that...it's a low-carb DIET

I would just ask yourself, can you stick with eating low-carbs for forever? My mom did a low-carb diet, lost weight..then went back to eating normal carbs and gained the weight back. It's just not sustainable in most cases.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Cutting carbs was the only way I was able to lose weight. Fair warning...these boards are not pro-carb restriction.
    It works well for me, & I find it sustainable. However, many people will not.

If you don't think this is sustainable enough for you to continue through the weight loss process and on to maintenance, I suggest you find another way.

Otherwise you'll put the weight back on & that will suck =/

This is good advice. Low carb was the only way I was able to make 30 lbs move off my body. And don't listen to those who claim you can't exercise on a low carb eating plan. Sure, the first few weeks you will feel weak and crappy, but once you're adapted, you can do any sort of workout. I can jog just as well as before I went low carb and I'm slowly but surely regaining my ability to do strength training.

It's really up to you OP. If you feel you can do low-carb for life, then go for it. If not, then find something that works.