Any ballerinas or other types of dancers? :}

Options
Hi everyone!

I think I've already made an introductory thread, but I focused mostly on asking about anyone else taking steroids (for medical reasons - hydrocortisone, prednisone, the works)

I wanted to ask if there are any other ladies (or guys, of course!) who are ballet dancers on here or who do any other type of dancing? I have been dancing since I was four years old and it is my greatest addiction and preferred way of exercising :}

If so, what type of dancing do you do, what method (I learned firstly Vaganova in my country and then Balanchine upon moving to the USA), what are your goals, and would you like to be friends?

(I suck at introductory threads, but I tried, haha)

Replies

• heavydron
    heavydron Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Exotic dancing, been doing it since I was 3 and a half. They say I'm a natural. Great introductory post! (better than mine)
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm a belly dancer--very different from your form, but I do love it.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Social Dancing. Or to most people, ballroom dancing. My favorites are foxtrot, salsa, waltz and west or east coast swing. My husband and I have been doing it for a while now, and we love it so much. Which is one of the many reasons why I'm here. He's rather slim and I'm definitely a lot bigger. I want to get to a more normal size so we can do more moves!!
  • russkiballerina
    russkiballerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try bellydancing! It's really pretty and looks very challenging.

And ballroom is very exciting, too :)
  • MaaKeMeThinn3r
    MaaKeMeThinn3r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I become a good dancer at a club :drinker:
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing, that is so interesting! Sounds like you need killer abs for that!
  • V1kaP
    V1kaP Posts: 1
    Options
    Tango argentino! I've been dancing for 4 years, but it has gotten a bit difficult with all the weight I put on. Still my preferred type of exercise, though!