Newbie, doing T25

Options
sfisher07
sfisher07 Posts: 30 Member
A little history: I am 32 years old. I had always been fit as I was a cheerleader for 8 years, four of those years on a coed collegiate squad. After college I got married had my first baby and still carried around a few extra pounds after that. When trying to have our second child we suffered multiple losses and I kind of let things go a little bit. We did eventually have another baby and I didn't lose all the extra post baby weight.

I also have endometriosis and sometimes have to change things up. As soon as I changed my last birth control I quickly gained 12 lbs. I had a doctor appointment and at that time (early this spring l) I weighed in at 158 lbs., which was my heaviest. I sulked about it for a while, then decided I could complain about it, or do something about it. I started making some diet and exercise changes in mid April. In that time I have lost 12 pounds and am currently at 136.4 lbs.

I wouldn't mind losing a few more pounds, but really at this point it truly is about feeling better mentally and physically. I would definitely like to tone things up a bit more. I am currently on week 5 of T25 and due to my achy knees I'm thinking about trying g Pico when I'm done.

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I will be starting t25 next week i think after finishing JM's body revolution this week. Mom of 3 and just trying to get in the best shape I can and stay healthy.

I couldnt agree more at a certain point it becomes more about how you feel than losing those last couple pounds. Feel free to add me as a friend, it would be great to have another mama who already has become pro at the program ;)
  • NettaB25
    NettaB25 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie as well and I just started T25 alpha cardio today. I'm 25 and out of shape so it was no easy task but it went by very quickly. I love the workout so far and Shaun T is so motivational.

When it got to hard I followed Tania and did the mods... Good luck on your journey
  • deacs5one
    deacs5one Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sfisher07, I'm sorry about your losses and the pain your going through with an achy knee and endometriosis. I'm currently on week 2 of Beta in T25 and this has been a perfect fit for me since I have a hectic schedule and those 25 minutes are as intense as any other basic hour long workout. However, a lot of the moves (squats, jumps, burpees) do concentrate on putting a lot of pressure on the knees. I would suggest maybe finding another workout that puts less pressure on your knees. If you need support, feel free to contact me.
  • sfisher07
    Options
    I definitely wouldn't call myself a pro :) I have some knee issues (first surgery when I was 15 and second when I was 20) After the second surgery I was told I already had arthritis in the knee I had surgery on, and likely had it in the other too. They don't bother me all the time, but off and on. Plus I live in Wisconsin so the weather doesn't help. Because of this I have to do a lot of the modifications on T25, even when I don't want to. However, I know if I don't I will really pay for it as my knees already get achy. I'm a little nervous about moving onto the Beta phase next week, but this is the first time I've really committed to a program and really want to finish it. I know I'll have to keep doing some of the modifications.

Good luck with the T25. I really like it! With two little ones at home it's hard for me to work out and night so I get up early and do it before work. I love that it's only 25 minutes so I don't have to get up any earlier than I have to :)
  • Tiffan5664
    Options
    Hi there! I'm also mama to 2 babies and doing T25. I'm in week 3. I also have arthritis in my knees so some of the moves are a little challenging. I will be completing T25 and moving on to to do PiYo next. Terrified to do Beta!!
  • sfisher07
    Options
    Haha, I want to try Piyo next, too. Not Pico like I originally posted, lol.
  • haleycreations
    haleycreations Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all I am on my 2nd week of Beta and love this program so far. I have lost 18 lbs so far and 2 inches on my waist. The program is designed very well for those who want to get in and get out with a strong program. I have completed Insanity, P90X, Les Mills Combat, BodyBeast and now working on T25. I lost 60 lbs and 10 inches when I first started the programs and have kept most of it off now for three years. If anyone would like to chat about anything please do not hesitate my name is Robert.
  • lisabach72
    lisabach72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like my exact story! I'm done with T25 now (loved it) and just started PiYo today. T25 was awesome for toning and I already miss Speed 2.0 which I will still do once a week maybe;-) Add me as a friend!
  • woodleyj
    woodleyj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and now at 207lbs. I started T25 on 6/10/10 however was sick for some days so missed some workouts. I am really out of shape so mostly doing the modified exercises however giving it my all. I have changed my eating habits and tried to add more walking in my day as well. Any tips would be appreciated!
  • sfisher07
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like my exact story! I'm done with T25 now (loved it) and just started PiYo today. T25 was awesome for toning and I already miss Speed 2.0 which I will still do once a week maybe;-) Add me as a friend!

Let me kow how you like Piyo! I'm actually debating if I want to try that or ChaLean Extreme. I was thinking Piyo since it's low impact, but ChaLean is appealing, too.
  • sfisher07
    Options
    I am 32 and now at 207lbs. I started T25 on 6/10/10 however was sick for some days so missed some workouts. I am really out of shape so mostly doing the modified exercises however giving it my all. I have changed my eating habits and tried to add more walking in my day as well. Any tips would be appreciated!

Sounds like you're off to a great start! I'm definitely not so far into this journey to dish out too much advice, but I would say take T25 at your own pace. I have to do some of the modifiers (mainly because of my knees but sometimes because I'm just tired) and it's okay to do that. You're still getting a work out! I think pace and control is important. In Total Body Circuit they do a squat to one side, turn and squat on the other side then do a burpee. If I tried to do it at their pace I didn't have control and would sometimes lose my balance. It's more efficient if I take my time and do it right.

Do you track your intake with a food diary? That made a huge difference for me. I knew I didn't have the greatest eating habits, but I didn't realize how bad there were (or how many calories I was taking in) until I started logging it on here each day. Makes a huge difference when you actually see what's going in to your body and be accountable for it.

Good luck!
  • sfisher07
    Options
    Afternoon all I am on my 2nd week of Beta and love this program so far. I have lost 18 lbs so far and 2 inches on my waist. The program is designed very well for those who want to get in and get out with a strong program. I have completed Insanity, P90X, Les Mills Combat, BodyBeast and now working on T25. I lost 60 lbs and 10 inches when I first started the programs and have kept most of it off now for three years. If anyone would like to chat about anything please do not hesitate my name is Robert.

Great job!!!
  • lisabach72
    lisabach72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't have ChaLean so I don't know what it's like but I'm sure it's great. I think Chalene is great and can't wait to really get into the full swing of PiYo, today was my first day.