Multi-tasking

Options
soze
soze Posts: 604 Member
Now I honestly don't like the term. I mostly believe if you are doing more than 1 thing at a time you are probably are not doing them very well. There was a story about an executive who went to watch his son play baseball. He brought his laptop with him so he could get some work done while watching the game. He did neither well. He didn't see his son get a hit or make a catch and his work had to be redone.

Now having said that, I must have found some energy today. I started the dishes, then started printing my bank statements, and then started cleaning my bedroom. I want to get it ready to paint. Every time I ran by the kitchen sink I did a few dishes and watched True Lies for the umpteenth time. When I needed a sit down break I balanced my check book and paid my bills. The bedroom was a bit more than I imagined. I had pictures of my kids that needed sorted, I found my original birth certificate with my tiny feet printed on it. Then there were the old clothes all tucked in a bag. Those needed sorted for what I'm going to wear and what I'm taking to Goodwill. The good news is I found many of my missing socks. Yeah that happens. Then there are the countless pictures I need to hang. I had stained the floor in the spare bedroom and painted it. So those things need to go back up. Well first I need to stack the bunk beds. I want to make room for an exercise area. Sheesh!

I also started a load of laundry, bagged trash, and picked up all the little things that you just kind of put here and there. You wonder why you make double work.

Right now, the dishes are almost done, the bedroom is better but there's a mess. I need to decide what to do with what. The bills are paid and the check book balanced. There's also 2 bags of trash to take out.

You know I think I'm going to play golf. LOL

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    So, I guess your theory is right, in regards to multi tasking, you are doing multiple things at once, but nothing is really getting done...lol...

Hope you finish soon, have a goodday
  • soze
    Options
    Pretty much. I will get it done though. I always do.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddd My phreaking dryer just went out!
  • msbutterflyjess
    Options
    lol.....this sounds like me everyday. I feel like i work all day long, but i never accomplish much. besides logging my food and getting my exercise in! i just keep telling myself....slowly but surely.
  • msbutterflyjess
    Options
    Pretty much. I will get it done though. I always do.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddd My phreaking dryer just went out!
    OH NO! that sucks. always something!!!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I even multitask exercising... 15 minutes on the bike, then the treadmill, then kettlebells, and back to the bike and then start it all again. If I get a little winded I work on household chores for a while or sort thru mail. But my exercising takes priority over every thing else. Some days I suck at getting anything else done, and some days I do really well. The days I do well, I make a list, and there is something about getting to cross things off my list that inspires me to get it done. It really helps me to be productive. But painting a room isn't a bing-bang-boom thing... there are stages. Give yourself credit for getting those things done and staying busy.
  • soze
    Options
    I even multitask exercising... 15 minutes on the bike, then the treadmill, then kettlebells, and back to the bike and then start it all again. If I get a little winded I work on household chores for a while or sort thru mail. But my exercising takes priority over every thing else. Some days I suck at getting anything else done, and some days I do really well. The days I do well, I make a list, and there is something about getting to cross things off my list that inspires me to get it done. It really helps me to be productive. But painting a room isn't a bing-bang-boom thing... there are stages. Give yourself credit for getting those things done and staying busy.

Yep, the list! Didn't do that today. Like you exercising takes priority.

BTW. I got that stupid dryer working. No no no, I'm not a genius. :)