Sweeteners?

Options
2»

Replies

• tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Agave Nector and Raw Honey are my sweetners of choice.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Nothing.
    Humans don't need sugar, it's hard, but learn to have things unsweetened. Unless it is sweetened with fruit or stevia, it will raise your insulin levels which in turn make you crave more sugar. Even honey/agave/cane does this. Even artificial chemical sweeteners do this. Don't buy into "it's natural so it's ok" If you want something sweet, have a little bit of fruit but don't overdo it. Stevia seems to be good in tea (for me personally) but kind of makes everything else have a funny aftertaste.
  • rayfromtx
    Options
    truvia has 4 calories per serving but they are allowed to round down to zero if it is less than 5 per serving. They call a serving 3/4 of a tsp because a tsp would put them over the "ok to lie" limit. If it has carbs, it has calories. I use it and love it but I know when I don't log it, I'm "cheating" oh well. Still losing as long as the cheating is contained to the truvia and not logging the 50 calories in my vitamin supplements. I don't usually log my exercise so it balances out somehow.
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    I love Splenda!!